Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: knock knock, anybody home

Yeah, let's hope so m8.
    "Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." - Confucius.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Yeah, all is good mate, thank you. It has been a while hasn't it. I still get out every now and then but nowhere as much as I would like to. Kids and family life take up most of my time and a long running back problem puts me out for weeks. Thought I had it sorted a couple of years ago when I had a six hour op but it lasted until my first shift back cheffing. Hopefully it will be sorted soon as another one is planned to put a spacer in the base of my spine to relieve the pressure on the sciatic nerve.

I've bought and sold some stuff over the years !!. Think that's all finished now, the kit I own doesn't really get added to now. There again, I think I will be on the lookout for a new hammock quilt soon as my last one met an unfortunate end during my last local camp, that's another story !!!!!!.

Its good to be back here, maybe some of the old gang might follow suit.

Sorry to hear about your back mate, I had issues with two prolapsed discs a while back but got away with it lightly and have been ok (touch wood) since. A friend at work is an internationally recognised expert and says keeping moving is the best thing to do if possible but I'm well aware that it isn't always. Good to see people coming back to the forum - we may well invade your neck of the woods some time this summer on a climbing outing - will be back to pick your brains if so. Take care and good luck with the back, steve......

I often come here to read and look at stuff. It's still a brilliant source of knowledge. Perhaps if we just chat on here it will encourage others who also still look at stuff here, to comment start posts again aswell.

Oh the delicacies of the human form. Eight prolapsed discs following a bike accident. It stops me occasionally but hasn’t beaten me yet.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Oh the delicacies of the human form. Eight prolapsed discs following a bike accident. It stops me occasionally but hasn’t beaten me yet.
    That's the way Jus. Good on ya m8.

I'm still around (in the Midlands). Got a nice permission about 30 minutes away and the regulars try and meet once a month, so it's all good. Even got my own dog these days (saves having to borrow my daughters).
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Sounds good m8. Any pics would be good.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BHDec04.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	98.5 KB 
ID:	14088

This was December before last.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Name:	Curry.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	100.6 KB 
ID:	14089

Me making curry for a mate and me.

Name:	Home.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	14090

Warmer weather