Thread: net making - the tatting method

net making - the tatting method

net making
    At one of my net making demonstrations years ago a spectator who was a tatting expert suggested this method. It eliminates the need to make a bight to the left of the loop you are tying into. This results in a increase in the speed of the netting process.
    Over time I have found that it is easier to teach (and learn) net making by using this method.

netmaking instrucable
    Happily tangled in my nets at
    http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7

What has the web become? I clicked the link and was prevented from viewing the article by a huge block of questions about privacy and preferences. I edited the page to remove that and couldn't scroll. I clicked the link to download as a PDF and was told that's a premium feature.

I miss the old Internet, where people would share freely and not track us, just share knowledge. Sigh.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    What has the web become? I clicked the link and was prevented from viewing the article by a huge block of questions about privacy and preferences. I edited the page to remove that and couldn't scroll. I clicked the link to download as a PDF and was told that's a premium feature.

I miss the old Internet, where people would share freely and not track us, just share knowledge. Sigh.
    All the articles I write for Instructables are listed as public. There should be no problem. I am sorry that you had difficulties.
    I am not a premium member ans am aware of the pdf situation

Here is what you missed
    netmaking article

youtube netting video
    Happily tangled in my nets at
    http://pineapple.myfunforum.org/index.php?c=7

Quote Originally Posted by asemery View Post
    Thank you very much for the alternative means of learning this technique.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb