Thread: How much would you pay for a permission ??

Tramp

How much would you pay for a permission ??

Hi all
    I've managed to get a permission
    It's only a small wood on a small holding near me
    The owner wants a bag of pig food about £8.00 for every night I stay there plus about 2 hrs work a day in the wood basically gathering fire wood and general forestry work
    I'm allowed to build a permanent camp and I'm allowed to hunt rabbits and pigeons with my air rifle
    Does this sound like a good deal ??
    What do others think ??
    I'd like your honest comments please

This is an interesting one. So, on my permission, the land owner was advised to charge £10 per night (he actually charges £5) per person. So £8 is probably ok. You will need to gather fire wood for yourself anyway and you would need to do some forestry work for a suitable permanent camp. However, if the work is exclusively for the land owner, then one could argue that he's getting *roughly* £15 of labour based upon minimum wage, taking the total amount to ~ £23! (BTW we help our landowner as it is often for the benefit of fellow campers/the site but it is not mandatory).

But, not many landowners would permit either permanent camps or hunting (that said, I think you are also doing a favour by keeping the pigeon and rabbit population down). Another factor is how far would you have to travel for an equivalent site? Would the return journey cost more than £15 and how long would it take?

So, I think it is a little high but then I don't know what other local alternatives you may have.

Hope this helps,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Tramp
    Hi
    Well tbh getting a permission is like gold dust especially in Essex and then the fact that is a 15/20 minute drive I think it's probably a fair deal and the icing on the cake is rabbit stew lol ����

It certainly sounds like it is worth trying, especially given its locality.

P.S. I think your dessert catering may need some improvement:-

Basic buttercream icing
    Ingredients
    140g/5oz butter, softened
    280g/10oz icing sugar
    1-2 tbsp milk
    few drops food colouring
    Method
    Beat the butter in a large bowl until soft. Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.

Add the remaining icing sugar and one tablespoon of the milk and beat the mixture until creamy and smooth. Beat in the milk, if necessary, to loosen the mixture.

Stir in the food colouring until well combined.

"If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Tramp
    Very good
    ������