Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: My kit list.

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    getting a little technical with the CAPE and LI lol, I think you're right, should be a blinding weekend...literally..(don't stare at the sun) lol
    LOL lets hope the charts dont change to much. 23 is perfect for lazing around a river and lakes whilst walking through forrests
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

Interesting kit list there Chris, I'm still playing with various kit combinations (hence my solo kit-fest trip the other weekend...!

I haven't got the balance right yet between need, comfort, weight and cost. I'm very much into budget and DIY kit as I think managing weight on a budget is more challenging but more worthwhile but I need some level of comfort as I'm not an SAS wannabe.

Not knocking anyone who can afford lightweight technical kit either, each to their own.

Guess we can compare kit when we meet up at Clyne Park next month, I'll hope to have a better idea of a "weekend kit set-up" by then.

I'm a tent man so that tends to add a few pounds as well, never tried a bivvi but don't like being confined too much and need room to 'stretch' etc..
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!