Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Calling all North Devon/Exmoor bushcrafters

Calling all North Devon/Exmoor bushcrafters

I was interested in finding out how many people on the site are from N Devon/Exmoor. And if any of them were interested in having a meet. Maybe the first meet could be just a day walk or something and then we plan something bigger for another time. Also people who could travel to Exmoor are more than welcome as well. Anyway if you're interested write on the link.

Thanks
    Jack aka Metal mug

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I love Exmoor. Would be keen on a couple of days walking.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

id be up for it exmoor isint that far a jaunt jus a trip up a380 an tiny bit of m5
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Exmoor is among my favourite places, I'm up for a day or two out, dates permitting.

Paul.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Time for a local one

Jack - you have something in mind?

It looks like that a few of you would be traveling so a one day meet might be less convenient. Anybody have an idea of a suitable overnight stop? Or is it time for a bit of 'stealth crafting'?

I'll defer to the guys with the local knowledge for a stop-over but stealth is fine by me if we need to.
    Don't sweat the small stuff - and it's ALL small stuff...!

Well I could list a few places that you can park for a couple of days without anyone noticing. Simonsbath comes to mind. It's a small place but it's got a pub a tearoom and a small surplus store. But anyway I'll think of a few places and get some piccys for everyone.

HMMM... 5 stealth camping? Still, not quite a patrol, you may have a chance lol.

Places to meet/stop for the night

Hunters Inn in the Heddon valley is quite a good place as well. There's a donation national trust camping site with two oil drum BBQs. This could be another good place to meet or stop for a less discrete nights camping. Or for those of you that like wild camping (like me) or hammocking there is plently of woods in the local vicinity. I'll try and list some other places (with pictures) soon. Also we should try and sort out a rough date as well. If you have any ideas put 'em on the thread. Anyway enough of my yammering, enjoy the piccys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunters woods 002.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	98.3 KB 
ID:	1020   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hunters woods 001.jpg 
Views:	218 
Size:	98.8 KB 
ID:	1021  

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    There's a great camp site just outside of Dunster which I went to a couple of times about 15 years ago. I can't remember what it's called at the moment, but it's by a small river and allows fires. There is a small toilet and shower block but there it's a really small site. The lady comes round in the morning to collect the cash. I'll try to find what it's called and report back.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.