Thread: Show me your SAK

Cool Show me your SAK

Inspired by the thread about Pootle losing and then finding his SAK (Swiss Army Knife), I thought it would be fun to share pictures of (and maybe a little history around) our beloved little "not good enough for serious Bushcraft" Swiss army knifes. I'll start with mine:

Given to me back in 1991 by my parents when I was doing compulsory military training in South Africa. I carry it with me almost every day. I think I've used every tool on it, though maybe not for it's intended purpose. I broke the tip off the large blade years ago when I was trying to recover some birch bark from a newly fallen tree. I ground the sharp edges round and it's not bothered me since.

So... show me your SAK then.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Here's mine - a Huntsman. I replaced this around 25+ years ago when I lost my original (it was later found down the back of the sofa). It rarely leaves me and I consider the lanyard part of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170908_093643.jpg 
Views:	307 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	14017

I managed to pick up a tiny screw driver that inserts into the cork screw for storage - very handy.

Name:	20170908_093658.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	14018

These days the small blade and bottle opener get the most use.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Oooo! I can upgrade? I like it.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Any use?

Name:	Worlds_largest_Swiss_Army_knife_wenger_giant_knife.jpg 
Views:	278 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	14019
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

I haven't got any photos just at this moment but I too am a secret SAK fan. I have a Forester 111mm which is superb knife, but is limited by having a liner lock and, hence, one must be mindful of the law when carrying it. I also have an Alox Farmer and a Black Alox Pioneer (mint and boxed - too nice to use, surely?)

Also have a Swisstool and a Swisstool Spirit, both of which get used regularly around the house for minor DIY etc.

They are all nicely made knives/tools and , even today, still represent good value for money

I have a copy SAK made in Japan from 1960s. I will try to get some photos of it, if I can find it in the draw.