Thread: Hello from Manchester! (Need some suggestions please)

Alone in the Wilderness

Hello from Manchester! (Need some suggestions please)

Hello all!

I'v been wild camping a fair few times now but mainly up in Scotland and usually with a good amount of planning.

I am Manchester based and am thinking of disappearing for a couple of nights next weekend.
    I'd appreciate some recommendations on good spots to camp but not hundreds of miles away. I will take a car and hike too.
    I prefer a hammock to a tent so a forest/woodland would be great, preferably with fresh water streams too.

Obviously I know the laws on Wild Camping in England so the plan would be to venture somewhere without too many people about.

Cheers folks!
    Last edited by Panky; 02-09-2017 at 12:02 AM.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Panky View Post
    Hello all!

I'v been wild camping a fair few times now but mainly up in Scotland and usually with a good amount of planning.

I am Manchester based and am thinking of disappearing for a couple of nights next weekend.
    I'd appreciate some recommendations on good spots to camp but not hundreds of miles away. I will take a car and hike too.
    I prefer a hammock to a tent so a forest/woodland would be great, preferably with fresh water streams too.

Obviously I know the laws on Wild Camping in England so the plan would be to venture somewhere without too many people about.

Cheers folks!
    Have a look in the Tockholes area. Also Near the Rivington area.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

You're not that far from North Wales.... or Anglesey where there are some nice spots to spend a night under the stars...

I would have a go at newborough forest on anglesey,its really easy to find and there is a big car park its £4 entry but once your in the forest is so big youll be left alone,and there are great spots that overlook the beach and sea

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk