Thread: Giday

Hobo

Giday

I was about to write that I've 'just joined', but I actually joined way back in 2011. I've only recently started contributing is a more accurate statement, as until now I've only periodically surfed the forum for topics of interest.

I live in New Zealand and have long history in outdoor pursuits enjoying activities such as hiking [here and in Aussie and Canada mainly], deerstalking etc and served in our Territorials [part time Army] for a while. I have a fascination in the skills of living and travelling in the wilderness such as undertaken by pioneers and explorers as well as indigenous cultures and early man.

I'm well into middle age now and less active in the wilderness than I used to be but no less interested. On average now I might just spend 20-25 days a year in the hills. This is usually divided between getting my 2 kids out hiking in the mountains and then having some time away from the family, hunting.

Cheers all

Hi and welcome ................ish

If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by footsore1 View Post
    ... and then having some time away from the family, hunting.
    Ooo, you lucky lucky ...

Welcome (again?). Hope to see a few blogs from you, or at least a few photos from Kiwi-land.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Hello and welcome (back)

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Hobo
    Cheers all, I appreciate the welcome.

Bernie- I've added a hike report to woodland tales and I'll put up a 'family free' hunting one later.