Thread: What Are Magic mushrooms?

Banned

What Are Magic mushrooms?

Warning this original poster was posting as spam / to drive traffic to their site.

Hi all, I just want to ask if someone ever tried using shrooms or truffles for medical purposes? I was reading some articles about this magic truffles and shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike marijuana does it have any medical use? In one article that I've read magic truffles or shrooms compaired to synthetic drugs are very alarming. Also magic mushroom are use on reducing the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this new possible alternative meds. Thanks
    Last edited by Ashley Cawley; 06-09-2017 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Spammer

That's the risk with bushcraft - you run a very real danger of encountering people who refer to 'shrooms'.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Whats a shroom?
    Richard
    South Wales UK

A magic mushroom.

To the OP... you won't get much engagement on the topic here as the forum is based in the UK where magic mushrooms are now illegal.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Has the law changed? I thought they were legal to pick and eat raw but became illegal when you processed them...drying, cooking sort of thing?
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    The law did indeed change a few years ago , they are now a "class A" drug.

Grazing is permitted/tolerated as long as you have permission from the landowner and as long as you are not operating a vehicle afterwards.

More info on psilocybin can be found on "food of the gods" by Terence McKenna and other books related to altered states of consciousness and the psyche.
    A very complex subject and extremely subjective as it changes from person to person .
    They can be very beneficial used in the correct dosage with the right people and the right environment.
    They were used by shamans and medicine men to travel between realms.
    They are now being used experimentally on depression patients and people affected with deep trauma .

It's not a recreational drug to be taken lightly (no pun intended) .
    It can make for a terrifying experience when done in the wrong mindset and/or environment.

But as Bill Hicks would have said :

" God put it (psilocybin) here as a little accelerator pad for evolution..."

Just remember that it's deadly , and it's classed as a poisonous mushroom...

It's toxicity can be lethal and/or very damaging to humans...

My advice is don't do it.
    Last edited by Woody; 18-08-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Mors Kochanski was at the Bushmoot a few years ago and hinted he'd been all over the universe thanks to mushrooms
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Ha! I guess I was wrong about not getting much response here!
    It used to be the case that they were legal until processed; you could even buy them quite legally in shops until the law changed (in about 2003 iirc).

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Unfortunately this is just part of a viral-marketing campaign whereby the original poster (who will be banned) is just trying to drive clicks and PageRank to their website, this is backed up by other posts by the user. They will be banned and the links removed from the original post but I will close this thread but leave it in place because it taught me a thing or two!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace