Thread: Cheap paracord site with international shipping?

Hobo

Question Cheap paracord site with international shipping?

Hello fellow bushcrafters!

Can anyone suggest some websites with cheap 50~200ft. length 550 paracord sets that have free or inexpensive international shipping? Many of the camping stores around here in Japan do sell paracord... but a 25ft length of standard 550 grade paracord costs well over $40! It's such a ripoff! for $40 back in the US I could buy at least 4-8 packs of 50ft length 550 cord at REI or Walmart...

I want to make several Paracord bracelets / belts to sell at a local hobby shop (mostly Airsoft and models) that a friend of mine runs. I would also love to make a hammock out of paracord, just for my own amusement (and quite possibly pain, should I fall out of it!)

Thanks,

Daedalus

Have a nose on eBay. This one isn't free postage but it's much cheaper than $40 even with carriage.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/100ft-550-...m3226#shpCntId

Cheers,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Hobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Have a nose on eBay. This one isn't free postage but it's much cheaper than $40 even with carriage.

Cheers,

M@
    Thanks for the link. The only thing is that it looks like something I could buy from AliExpress - which is some of the lowest price (and often quality) stuff available from China. I'm not complaining about the price at all, in fact I often shop at Chinese markets like this for electronics parts. My concern lies mainly with the fact that they often skip many safety precautions, take quality shortcuts, hasten production to output less than mediocre products at high speed, and although they have the "quality check passed" seal on there, I have all too often seen defects (sometimes almost literally next to said seals).

That said, have you purchased / tested the quality of these 550 cords? If you can confirm their quality, I can definitely buy from that source in great quantity (although I'll most likely have to wait a month for shipping... haha). If you know of another, more reputable source, please let me know!

Thanks again

You say you lived In the states. Do you know anyone there who could buy some and post it to you?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hobo
    Quote Originally Posted by Pootle View Post
    You say you lived In the states. Do you know anyone there who could buy some and post it to you?

Yes, I have family back in the states and I have asked them in the past to buy/ship to me (with compensation of course), but I'd prefer not to ask them to go out of their way every month or two to buy supplies for my little hobby. :P

Fair enough. One thought though... do you need paracord? I appreciate that you need it to make paracord bracelets with. But if you need cordage to actually use, maybe there are some good local varieties? I'd be interested to see what the Japanese use for whatever they like to get up to in the wilderness. I've seen the way scaffolding is made with lashed bamboo, what cordage do they use for that?