Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back from the darkside...

Hi Paul, I have noted this site is also used by Yorkshire bushcrafters and seems to be a pretty good location for both hammocks and tents. It would be good to see everyone again.
    “For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.”

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Post count down, active membership is down, just a sign of the times I suppose. Those we do have on here are a good bunch but the downward curve of the cycle has appeared. Things will turn around again for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's the competition from facebook groups I think. Many good facebook groups out there these days.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hi everyone can I join the gang again
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Celti...517813?fref=ts
    To grow to be old and wise, you first have to be young and foolish
    I have everything I need - it's just the want's that are missing .

Hi Paul �� Hope you're well mate.
    Ian.. It has been far too long, family are fantastic thanks, ive had ANOTHER little girl since I last seen you.
    Hope alls well with you and yours.
    The whole bushcraft scene, has gone quiet in general, its definitely slowed down.
    It had to happen, been the fastest growing hobby for a number of years, so a drop off, was expected I suppose.
    Bushcraft has been around, since time immemorial. It always will be (I hope) it just wont always fashionable or popular, with the mainstream public.
    I think Ray/Bear and the amount of media exposure are big influences.
    Would be great if we could match diary fates and meet up.
    Had some great times with some of the folk from this forum.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

Hi everyone can I join the gang again
    Hi Bri! Somebody was only asking about you just the other day, can't remember who it was though. Proves you've not been forgotten though. As far as I know you never left the 'gang'.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Hi Paul �� Hope you're well mate.
    Very well mate, hope things are good with you too.

The whole bushcraft scene, has gone quiet in general, its definitely slowed down.
    That's not my experience. I've been as busy as ever, more so since I retired from work. It's true that this and other Bushcraft Forums have slowed, but most of the activity has moved to Facebook. It starts to sound like a meet-up at Hainsworth Wood wild campsite might be something we should try to organise.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    Very well mate, hope things are good with you too.

That's not my experience. I've been as busy as ever, more so since I retired from work. It's true that this and other Bushcraft Forums have slowed, but most of the activity has moved to Facebook. It starts to sound like a meet-up at Hainsworth Wood wild campsite might be something we should try to organise.
    Glad to hear your keeping busy mate. You've always been pretty active.
    I hope you're right, I really do.
    I'm not active on Facebook, I do agree that it has definitely moved from the forums to FB.
    Though the last couple of shows ive been, quite a few regular's where missing.
    Ive been getting out fortnightly myself.
    Hope to see you fireside soon ��

(keep me posted on any meet up plans please guys)
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    Hi folks, after a long absence from the forum, is there any of the old gang about...
    I look in now and again, haven't posted for ages ! One of the things that got me down about the sight was a lot of petty rules like no grawlixes etc. I agree totally that you need rules like no bad language​, bullying etc but grawlixes you find in kids comics fgs. Was out with Paul and 2 others last weekend and out with BJ this coming weekend but had another heart scare in the previous 12 or so months so haven't been out much previously. Again I keep up with the old gang on fb as you know Ian,. We'll all have to have a meet soon! Atvb to everyone Ken
    Last edited by Rasputin; 19-06-2017 at 11:59 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar
    Hi old buddy. I drop on here from time to time. Don't post much anymore, last time I did it met with mixed reactions. Kind a put me off posting again.

Biggest problem I have at the moment is time. Not been out overnight for ages. Still do a bit with the Kids though.

Would be good for a meet up. Even if just for a bimble.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Alone in the Wilderness
    You've made me re-register to say hello :-)