Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Back from the darkside...

Quote Originally Posted by BJ View Post
    Still here ������
    Well, when you're in this country at least...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Ask not for a lighter load, but a stronger back.....

Quote Originally Posted by Ichneumon View Post
    Nice to see you're still alive and kicking Ian.
    Oh yes, you cant get rid of me that easy fella...
    non est vivere sed valere vita est life is more than being alive..........ALWAYS GIVE MORE THAN YOU TAKE

Quote Originally Posted by Thumbcrusher View Post
    Hi Sar-ian. I'm still about! Were've you been hiding? Have to say it's been very quiet on here lately though but there's still a few names you'll recognise i'm sure. welcome back anyway!
    Had some major life adjustments, so never had the time or the motivation, but slowly getting my mojo back, whoop whoop...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Me too, how are you doing. Think we need another meet at craigwen

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
    Sounds good to me fella...

[QUOTE=ammo;137098]Hello mate.
    Hope your well. Good to see you back on here.
    We should definitely arrange a meet over the Summer, and a Winter meet too ��.[/QUOTE

Getting there mate, hows the family, feels a long time ago, deffo up for a meet, just give me a decent heads up to arrange time off and I'm good to go....

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Most of the same old mods are kicking about still. Good to see you back, things are somewhat quieter round here these days.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    How do you mean quite, as in not many posts, not many people posting, or the "bushcraft bubble" has burst so to speak????

Quote Originally Posted by Sar-ian View Post
    How do you mean quite, as in not many posts, not many people posting, or the "bushcraft bubble" has burst so to speak????
    Post count down, active membership is down, just a sign of the times I suppose. Those we do have on here are a good bunch but the downward curve of the cycle has appeared. Things will turn around again for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Post count down, active membership is down, just a sign of the times I suppose. Those we do have on here are a good bunch but the downward curve of the cycle has appeared. Things will turn around again for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From the folk I've spoken to recently, one of the biggest issues seems to be a lack of "permission's", and to para-phrase a famous quote, "all the gear, and no where to go"... And then on top of that was knife carry and open fires... Its such a shame, when so. many where trying to re-connect with nature, and the outdoors, that it appears so many have fallen by the wayside... Hopefully, it may change, but I wont hold my breath.. Then I suppose on top of all that, there's farcebook, an awful lot of bushcraft related pages.. Ho hum.. Keep the faith...
    Last edited by Sar-ian; 19-06-2017 at 12:20 AM.

It is nice to see that many of the local 'gang' are still about, special mention to Ian, Ammo and BJ. I think the Facebook phenomenon has overtaken the forum scene, though the lovely Fishyfolk keeps us smiling on this Forum. Regarding permissions: There is a permission in West Yorkshire called Hainsworth Wood. It's located close to Keighley and is available for small groups of bushcrafters, scouts etc., to book for a weekend. As I understand it the price is a voluntary contribution to running and improvement costs, typically £5pppn, http://www.facebook.com/hainworthwoods. Anybody up for a reunion?
    Last edited by Ichneumon; 19-06-2017 at 07:03 AM.
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Definitely Paul, be good to get the "band" back together...