Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Confused

Confused

Hello, im 19 looking to get into bushcraft etc... just bought myself a hutlaforts, nothing amazing but will hopefully get me started, just wanted to see where i can do bushcraft.. read about knife law and few other things, but confused if for instance... i can go to the woods 5 minuets away from me and practice this?... or is this illigal or anyone got any sugestions.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Where do you live?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Towards manchester way / rochdale / bury

In England you need to land owners permission to be on there land.

Can i go into public woods and do tbis?

The problem you may face is the knife laws are very strict and I doubt you would be able to legally. The lads I have meet that do carving etc use private land that they have found permission to use.

Ahh right, so best going asking some farmers around me if im able to do so etc?

Yeah that would be much better. I think you can carry a small folding knife on public land but I'm not sure you would need to check and if you bumped into the old bill they would probably still cause you grief.

Asking a farmer to use there land , maybe a small copice would be much better and give to a more private local too

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyG View Post
    Yeah that would be much better. I think you can carry a small folding knife on public land but I'm not sure you would need to check and if you bumped into the old bill they would probably still cause you grief.

Asking a farmer to use there land , maybe a small copice would be much better and give to a more private local too

Whats the best way to ask/ aproach them?

Quote Originally Posted by DaveyG View Post
    I think you can carry a small folding knife on public land but I'm not sure you would need to check and if you bumped into the old bill they would probably still cause you grief
    A less than 3.5" folding, non-locking knife is UK legal to carry and will not arouse interest from the Police if carried sensibly (which means not to the shops/town centre/pubs and bars etc). Think your average Swiss Army Knife to get a picture of what is OK