Thread: Dewerstone wild camping

Dewerstone wild camping

Hi all,

We're planning on taking the kids climbing/wild camping next weekend and were hoping to pitch close to the Dewerstone (Dartmoor). We're likely to be pitching in the dark on Friday night so preferably a straightforward walk-in. Does anyone have any advice for a good site to camp (grid ref or any other details would be great). Very happy to meet up if anyone has similar plans and happy to share a rope etc the next day for anyone wishing to climb.... Any advice gratefully received.

atb

steve

Dewerstone wild camping

Interesting one. Looking at the maps the area doesn't seem to be too camp friendly with the gradients being as they are. My knowledge of that area of Dartmoor is somewhat limited but I can see one possibility of a place to park the car and wild camp nearby which would give you about half hours walk in. The site is just up off centre from the pick below and grid reference on the top of the picture. Drewerstone is bottom left.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Many thanks for that - really helpful and much appreciated. We'll try to get as close to the rock as possible but, as you say, the gradients don't look helpful.