Thread: Mora Carving Knives

Mora Carving Knives

Hi All

I just bought 2x Mora carvers both 120 and 106. These are my second time buying them, as long ago I had them, but sold them away. Now I am coming back to do some wood carving and whittling, so I needed some carving tools to get me started.

But the new Moras, the logo on the blade has changed. Before it was "Mora SWEDEN" something like that, but the new ones do not have the old logo anymore. It just says "MORAKNIV".

I am just wondering if they are still made in Mara in Sweden, or are they made in China or somewhere else? Any info or ideas? Thanks.

The old one said Mora of Sweden

Their website states that they still make their knives in Sweden. I think the new Logo just takes more space, so there was no room for the rest of the logo. The new knives has "Made in Sweden" under the logo, and on the Mora 106 and 120 ther eis not enough space for that.
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 12-05-2017 at 01:40 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hello.
    I have a mora clipper (pre logo change) and a mora companion (post change). I'm not aware of production being outsourced. , but I do know that the quality has not changed between the two as far as I can tell.
    BTW, why not pop over to the introduction section and say Hi?

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Hiya

The new Mora 120 and 106 have large Logo on the blades as you say. But there is no "SWEDEN"stamped on them. But I found Made in Sweden on the sheaths on the sticker.
    As you say, the quality is excellent. They are razor razor sharp out of the box. Just wondered, as they just arrived this morning in the post. They looked different from the previous ones I had.

Yup, will introduce myself as well. I used be active in other Bushcraft forum for years. I took a break doing other things, and tried to get back there, but I could not write any posts since I am not a paid subscriber. So I did some search on the internet, and there were a couple of newer bushcraft forums including this one, which look great. So I registered myself cheers.
    Last edited by spader; 12-05-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Hello and welcome, FishyFolk seems to have answered your question
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    Hi All

I just bought 2x Mora carvers both 120 and 106. These are my second time buying them, as long ago I had them, but sold them away. Now I am coming back to do some wood carving and whittling, so I needed some carving tools to get me started.

But the new Moras, the logo on the blade has changed. Before it was "Mora SWEDEN" something like that, but the new ones do not have the old logo anymore. It just says "MORAKNIV".

I am just wondering if they are still made in Mara in Sweden, or are they made in China or somewhere else? Any info or ideas? Thanks.
    Same quality, same manufacturer,
    MoraKniv is just part of the new Mora image and as I'm sure you can work out merely means Mora Knife.
    How do I know this?
    I sell them here in South Africa, Old and well established firm who just up'd their image, they do a lot of business in the USA nowadays which could well go a long way to the change in image.
    Trust the steel it's good, not every thing yet, is "made in China"

Mora is a place in Sweden. Morakniv is in both Swedish and Norwegian "Knife made in Mora"

They used to be many different companies and manufacturers of knives in Mora. Now only Mora of Sweden, or Morakniv remains, and they have taken over the
    knife models of the others. '
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Yup, the new Mora 120 cuts very well. It is still the best.