Thread: Chameleon hammock

Chameleon hammock

After a bit of a delay in transit my Chameleon hammock arrived today. This is a new 11 foot, gathered end, modular hammock design from Dutchware Gear via Kickstarter. As I'm lacking my normal transport at the moment I opted to do the test hang using and old polytunnel frame at my allotment. I have to say I am very impressed with the build quality of the hammock with everything being really well thought out and fabricated.

In the photos I have the hammock rigged with the winter top cover on but there is the option to purchase a bug net as well but since it is drizzly, breezy and about 12°C the extra wind resistance from this cover is proving nice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

And another quick pic this time with the winter top cover replaced with the bug net.

What a brilliant plac e to hang a hammock :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

It's good for keeping an eye on the foxes that live under the brambles. ;-)

Looks nice, is there the option to have both the top cover and bug net on at the same time ?

No I don't think so, it seems it is one or the other as they attach onto the same zips on the hammock edge. The view/ventilation panel on the winter top does make it a lot less claustrophobic than some designs.

The hammock is symmetrically cut but both the cover and bug net are asymmetric but can be fitted for either a clockwise or anticlockwise rotated lay by being flipped over.

Ah ok, thanks for the info