Thread: Any one recommend any places in Lincolnshire?

Alone in the Wilderness

Smile Any one recommend any places in Lincolnshire?

I have the passion and the determination to start bushcraft/ wild camping whatever you wanna call it, just lack skills, experience and equipment. Plus wouldn't know we're to begin with location! Any help and guidance much appreciated, spend most my time watching bushcraft videos and really craving some experience. Any locations around Lincolnshire to begin? Thanks Rosie

Hi Rosie. I suspect it depends which bit of Lincolnshire you're local to. If you're in the south west bit and can travel, I've permission on a site near Ashby de la Zouch. If you use Facebook, have a search on groups - you may find something via that route.

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Hi Rosie , M@ (ehecatl) raised a good point about permissions and is very kind in sharing his permission with you.
    That just about sums up the generosity of the community here...

I'd snap his hand off if I were any closer...😎

However is worth noting that not many people will advise you on best spots for wild camping , here or there, because unfortunately , wild camping without landowners permission is illegal in England.
    And in a public forum those type of questions are a little tricky.
    You'd almost be better off asking folk in a PM ...

So in the future if you're wondering why nobody gives you a straight answer on that is probably because nobody wants to be seen advising you to "break the law" so to speak, on a public forum.

However there is this group of people that have secured campsites and private woodland locations across the country...

I think they're called nearly wild camping and they charge something ridiculous like £20 per year and that gives you access to all the listings and details on locations ... Legally! 👍

https://nearlywildcamping.org/

The chap who set this up is also an active member of this forum!👍

Additionally, wherever you camp, remember to leave only footprints and take only memories.
    Last edited by Woody; 04-02-2017 at 02:45 PM.