Thread: Question for the leather workers or knife makers

Question for the leather workers or knife makers

The stitching that secures the belt loop of the leather sheath for my Enzo knife is coming lose. Just glad I discovered it at home.

Looks very hard to re stitch, without dismantling the whole sheath, as to resew it the needle will end up on the inside in the middle of the sheath.
    Any advice...or if I need to dismantle and re stitch, what tools and other stuff do I need to make a proper job of it?

The plave indicated with "replace" is the only "stud" or whatever it is called on the sheath...I guess I have to replace that to if I dismantle...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	13814
    Last edited by FishyFolk; 30-01-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Suspect you will have to dismantle the sheath if you want to stitch it.....

Or, if you aren't too bothered about how it looks, you could put a rivet in the middle of the square area of stitching. That would be much easier to do and would save dismantling the sheath and having to do a lot of re-stitching. This is the sort of tool you would need - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10mm-Die-S...-/271986417941

I'll dismantle it...or buy a new one. They are like 25£ from Brisa that make the Enzo.
    Also been playing with remaking this whole knife as a gap has developed between the front of the scales and the blade itself, and I have never liked them as they are made for hunting,
    and that makes it an uncomfortable whitling knife, which is what I use knives for. SO I may just lop of the scales, polish the blade, and redo the scales to my own liking.
    The problem is I do not have proper tools to do it, and tooling up drives the cost up so much that I may just put this one in my store box for good, and spend the money buying another quallity knife.
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Sounds like a plan.

If you were in the UK I'd offer to repair it for you.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Well, all that I need to fix the sheath has been ordered, and this afternoon I took a look at the knife and the scales. And decided to make one last ditch attempt at saving them by filling the gap with super glue.
    then sanded down the scales and gave them a good seeing to with lins seed oil. The glue should at least prevent water and mucj from getting under the scales. But sooner or later they will have to come off.
    And that is bad as they are quite beutiful. But this knife has never been good to work with either...so another one is in the pipeline somehwere down that dark abyss called the future :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)