Thread: How to choose universal hiking boots?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hobo

How to choose universal hiking boots?

Hello everyone,

I know there is no such thing as "good for everything", but the only shoes I have in my wardrobe right now are some sneakers and moccasins. I want to buy a pair of shoes for walking in Northern Poland's forests. Mostly flat terrain, a bit of small hills, not much swamps and other damp places. I just want them to be:

1) Sturdy - they might not be the comfiest out there, but I want them to withstand a nuclear explosion
    2) Comfort - behind durability the most important thing. I know how severe injuries bad boots can bring
    3) Price - I don't need to buy the cheapest out there, but if I'm about to pay, I gotta pay for quality finish and materials, not Brand Name and stuff like that (100 pounds is absolutely maximum, but id prefer something around 60-80)
    4) Design - Im rather avoiding military looks

With that all being said, I want to walk in these boots all the time apart of winter. Maybe some people have 40 pairs of super-fancy-tactical Salomons for every celsius degree, but its not my type of kit gathering. Looking forward for any of You suggestions and if You need any more answers then Im here.

P.S. In terms of being waterproof - just the basics. I won't cross rivers with them, but I don't want my feet all damp because of stepping into some mud puddle.

P.S.2 Brasher Supalite II GTX might be close to something I look for. Just a little bit cheaper, and would be nice if I could buy them somewhere here in Poland without shipping from UK.
    Last edited by Lonewolf44; 25-01-2017 at 06:01 PM.