Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: How do you hang?

I have made some new slings overnight and removed the knots. The thing with the dyneema is I know its almost bombproof and has myriad of uses so I can use it for other things other than my hammock if needed. Im taking spare stuff to re rig tonight if it doesnt work and I can always sleep on the floor if i have to.

Thanks for the advice

W
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter MikeWilkinson's Avatar

Us Northerners have got to look out for each other up here when ole winter sets in!!!
    [SIZE=4][COLOR=#8b4513]Wake me up when things are over, and I'm Wiser and older.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeWilkinson View Post

Us Northerners have got to look out for each other up here when ole winter sets in!!!
    Trouble is we're that sorted for winter up here we have to bail out the southerners on a regular basis
    [

I use my dd travel or camping hammock with the webbing and hang it any way and a dd tarp 3x3m

so just back from my little overnight foray into a new spot we have found, joined by Nat from NB and my mate Pete - I'll start a new thread later, but for now my hammock suspension system worked a treat.

The whoopies I made were a little short so i used the original flat polyprop from my hammock (its a tenth wonder by the way) to go round the tree then looped one whoopie through it. Slept flat, warm and comfy all night. Best nights kip I've EVER had camping i could even lay on my side.
    [

Excellent mate. Normally takes folk a while to get the hang of laying on their side. You must be a natural
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Quote Originally Posted by crazysaint222 View Post
    Excellent mate. Normally takes folk a while to get the hang of laying on their side. You must be a natural
    That or it was the guiness ;-)
    [

Hobo
    Hi just got a hammock and tried it for the first time on a beach camp using some old 'telegraph poles' that were for a beach shade. Was somewhat unsure of how it would go but it was a great nights sleep. One question, can anyone recommend a good mosquito net that I can use in conjunction with the hammock. I have a Life venture travel hammock. I'm living in the UAE and so far can only find Lifesystems mosquito nets and there a quite a number of different ones. I have emailed the manufacturer of the hammock but no response yet. Any advice would be very welcome.
    I'm planning to take some Explorer Scouts to a desert island for a camp in mid-Feb all being well and am planning to use the hammock, but will definitely need some sort of net as the island is a mix of sand and mangroves.
    Thanks
    SJT

How do you sort the end of the hammock out with a c/karabiner? I can't find a link anywhere.

Here's NB's video, which includes the crab conversion.

Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel