PDA

View Full Version : Fishing on dartmoor

Invicta
16-03-2011, 07:10 PM
I see from the posts that quite a few members visit Dartmoor,
just wondered if any could recomend a place to hammock camp and fish for Brownies.
I have a rod license and know how to get the day tickets, just not familiar on the area.
By lower cherrybrook bridge looks good, on the map. It would be just an overnight camp ,fish and leave trip to begin with. One problem is where can you leave a car safely. Any tips would be appreciated.

IBrown
16-03-2011, 09:52 PM
Hi, the first thing to do is to get yourself a Westcountry Passport. http://www.westcountryangling.com/homepage.php best £2.50 I have ever spent.

If you want to fish Lakes. The SW Trust has plenty of good fishing. Avon Dam and Venford are not stocked and are free to fish for Wild Brownies. Venford you can park at a carpark. Avon Dam you park 2 miles downstream and follow the small unfishable little stream to the Dam.

Ivan
17-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Hi Invicta, My wild camp site is about a mile from Avon Dam, easy walk across the open moor you can park your car safe and secure , camp , fish ,walk, cook caught fish on an open fire upon you return !! atb Ivan...

Invicta
17-03-2011, 07:02 PM
Thanks Guys for the replies, thats really helpful.
Sounds like just what I am looking to do.
Ivan I appreciate the offer, if I want to get more details for your site what do you suggest PM?

Ivan
17-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Hi Invicta,if you look at the Dartmoor in January thread ,you wiil see a bit more about the site ,and if you want more info send me a pm and i will give you my number so i can tell you exactly what to expect, see if its for you or not, atb Ivan..