PDA

View Full Version : Lightweight Backpacking

cabot
12-03-2016, 02:14 PM
Just back from Nepal having spent a little over 3 weeks there having traveled out with about 25kg divided into 2 bags, my porter carrier 20kg and I carried 5kg on my back for most of our hikes. I felt it so ironic that I was well kitted out with base layers and fleeces and quick dry clothes and good boots and my porter was setting the pace in flip flops and jeans, I dont think he even had a slee[ing bag.

Anyway the moral of my story was I definately brought to much stuff. :-)

Greenbear
12-03-2016, 03:19 PM
It's a western society disease I fear Cabot - we all have too much stuff - a lesson to be learnt for all of us from your porter methinks :)

cabot
12-03-2016, 03:28 PM
It's a western society disease I fear Cabot - we all have too much stuff - a lesson to be learnt for all of us from your porter methinks :)

me the classic consumer with dreams of living a natural life but buying me way into it, so little of this gear is neccessary lol

jus_young
12-03-2016, 07:13 PM
Cabot, could you please read the forum guidelines on acceptable language within posts. Thanks

sonic92
24-07-2016, 11:16 AM
Hi, You should check out this list as a reference. I bought the Osprey Farpoint about 5 months ago only used it once but it made such a difference on the shoulders. Really recommend this bag. Here's the list of top 5 backpacks of 2016 (http://scannerbargain.com/5-best-backpacks-2016/)