PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in the North West...or West Yorkshire

shepherd
13-01-2016, 11:01 AM
Any members in the North West or West Yorkshire wanting to do some regular camp outs?

Im currently based in Lytham st annes and holmfirth ... iv been poorly for the past 8 or 9 months but (hopfully) my treatment will be finished within a couple of months and would love to get out and about on a more regular basis to make up for all the time iv had in doors...

I have a couple of guys who ill be meeting up with for afew meets who are local to me, but just basically testing the water to see if anyone on this forum wants to get out and about or a more regular basis... the more the merrier...

this isn't a formal bushcraft group etc... just wanna get out on afew over nighters.. !

Shep

bopdude
13-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Sorry no can do on a regular basis, wish it were different but life events dictate otherwise :(

shepherd
14-01-2016, 06:47 AM
no worries!

Ichneumon
14-01-2016, 12:16 PM
Myself, and others, have, in the past, tried to kickstart activity into Northwest England. This has had limited success. A few bimbles have led to a few of us getting to know each other. It has not led on to getting out for much more than this and, after a couple of overnighters, collapsed. This was mainly, possible entirely, due the lack of suitable permissions in the area. Resolve this little problem and I think things could start to swing.

shepherd
15-01-2016, 09:40 AM
Myself, and others, have, in the past, tried to kickstart activity into Northwest England. This has had limited success. A few bimbles have led to a few of us getting to know each other. It has not led on to getting out for much more than this and, after a couple of overnighters, collapsed. This was mainly, possible entirely, due the lack of suitable permissions in the area. Resolve this little problem and I think things could start to swing.

yes, i was talking to wayne (sapper, silverback etc) about this and he told me the same things, he is incidentally one of the chaps ill be meeting up for a camp out with soon. i was chatting with him about using some of the woodland i keeper in lytham st annes before he closed down northern soul bushcraft.. now thats gone i was just hoping to get some folk out off my own back. im also in talks with a huge bit of woodland close by. but nothing in west yorkshire as yet. which is better for me...

Ichneumon
15-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Wayne was one of the 'others' I was thinking of. It's a tragedy that so little happens in this area, I usually have to travel down south to get any action - and there's plenty happening there (spare seat in my car for anybody that fancies it - PM me). It would be good to rub noses with Wayne round the campfire again but if he can't make it I'm always available for a night or two if a permission can be found locally.

shepherd
15-01-2016, 04:52 PM
im just waiting for my final chemo sessions - i hope! once thats all squared away ill find out when wayne is free and get a date and venue to you matey!

shepherd
01-01-2017, 08:34 PM
i was looking at local bushcraft groups in my area on facebook... west yorkshire area... it would appear the ones i have found are very "rule heavy" as seem rather regimented.. still looking for local folk who just want a chilled out meet and abit of banter around the fire..

BirchFire
28-04-2017, 09:14 PM
Is there anyone still interested in meet ups in the north west? I'm looking for "camp buddies" myself.