PDA

View Full Version : Kevin McLoud escape to the wild.

Pootle
30-06-2015, 08:07 AM
Anyone see this? It was about a Welsh couple living the life in a cabin in northern Sweden. forget the channel now (more4 I think?).
snow, huskies and lots of birch trees, what more d'ya want?

David_JAFO
30-06-2015, 06:29 PM
hello,
I've been following this series with interest. http://www.channel4.com/programmes/kevin-mcclouds-escape-to-the-wild
Regards
David

Pootle
30-06-2015, 08:36 PM
I only discovered it last night, haven't put the telly on for weeks. has the rest of the series been good?

David_JAFO
02-07-2015, 07:27 PM
hello Pootle,
Aye usually these programmes are a little eccentric but so far very much watchable with some elements of Bushcraft how they're living etc.. If they're still up check out the Channel 4 link or YouTube.
Regards
David

I only discovered it last night, haven't put the telly on for weeks. has the rest of the series been good?

Pootle
02-07-2015, 09:09 PM
Cheers. I'll have to check them out.

delboy
04-07-2015, 07:58 PM
The series has been quite good, I`m always amazed by how much people can achieve in the circumstances either by their own skills or bartering.
I found the chap in the Swedish episode a bit odd, he mentioned that in the UK he`d power washed wheelie bins at £2.50 a go, doing 250 a day, had loads of money, a house and car. But the couple turned up in Sweden with only £2000 between them.
Sometimes I wonder if the people featured are running away from something, rather than edging toward a simpler lifestyle.