PDA

View Full Version : When Survival is a Little Too Close to Home

OakAshandThorn
23-06-2015, 12:17 PM
This whole event could have been avoided if the party took safety precautions more seriously. What should have been a relaxing evening fishing trip turned into a frightful night for three young adults. All this happened about 12 miles from me on Lake Lillinonah and Paugusset State Forest.

It should serve as a reminder to us all to ALWAYS practice good safety measures no matter where we are.

https://newenglandbushcraft.wordpress.com/2015/06/23/when-survival-is-a-little-too-close-to-home/

Bernie
23-06-2015, 12:44 PM
I'd be interested to read/hear/see an interview with them in a years time. Have they learnt how to take better care, do they prepare well now, or have they abandoned the outdoors. It would be interesting. We all make mistakes, especially when we're young. How we react to these sorts of lessons is what defines our paths in life.

OakAshandThorn
23-06-2015, 08:00 PM
I'd be interested to read/hear/see an interview with them in a years time. Have they learnt how to take better care, do they prepare well now, or have they abandoned the outdoors. It would be interesting. We all make mistakes, especially when we're young. How we react to these sorts of lessons is what defines our paths in life.
T^ I can second that.