PDA

View Full Version : Ever used Cabelas?

happybonzo
29-05-2015, 05:44 AM
Have you ever used Cabelas, the American on-line store? They now serve the UK as well so I thought I'll have look

Item cost $18 plus taxes and shipping the total comes to $40...

seems a tad high to me :)

jbrown14
29-05-2015, 12:55 PM
I'm lucky. I live about 2 hours drive from one location, and 4 hours from another. :D
Their store in Harrisburb, Pennsylvania is like a giant museum of the outdoors.

ATB!
Josh

OakAshandThorn
29-05-2015, 02:53 PM
There's one in the capital city of my state, still a 3 hour drive to get there, but DANG is it a Bushcraft paradise :D. :jumping-joy:
Three full levels of outdoor goodies, plus a pond stocked with sunfish to try out their rods in :). It's practically the size of a large shopping mall, only you could never get bored :D.

I haven't personally bought anything from Cabelas, and yes, their prices can be a bit steep, especially for overseas. I would recommend LL Bean more, mostly because of the 100% satisfaction guarantee, free shipping (in the US at least), and superb customer service.

happybonzo
29-05-2015, 05:11 PM
The biggest larf of the whole thing is that Cabelas are trying to gain a foothold in the European market :)

rossbird
29-05-2015, 07:42 PM
I'm lucky. I live about 2 hours drive from one location, and 4 hours from another. :D
Their store in Harrisburb, Pennsylvania is like a giant museum of the outdoors.

ATB!
Josh

Harrisburg, the only International Airport I have used, that doesn`t have weighing facilaties.
2 big suitcases on the way home:rolleyes: