PDA

View Full Version : The Saints Way......"Forth an Syns"

GlenM
07-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Now the evenings are drawing out and spring is almost upon us i am planning to walk the Saints Way, a coast to coast traverse of mid Cornwall using the ancient Pilgrim/trade route. It's approximatley 28.5 miles over two days with a nights wild camp, the site to be decided.

I had planned to do it solo with my two jack Russells but i thought I'd ask if anyone would like to join me.

So if you think it's a good idea then make yourself known! I am completely flexible with most details other than it needs to be over a weekend.

ATB

Glen

Matt
08-03-2011, 07:56 AM
That sure is tempting Glen, I've always fancied walking The Saints Way. I've worked at a couple of places where The Saints Way passed through, one on the north coast near St Issey and another down near Par.

I'll keep an eye on this thread an' let e know.

Oll an gwella, Matt.

JonnyP
08-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I might be up for that Glen..

Marvell
08-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Paint me interested

Roadkillphil
08-03-2011, 12:01 PM
I'd be keen :D

Martin
08-03-2011, 07:04 PM
Me me me me me. :D :D :D

Martin

GlenM
08-03-2011, 10:46 PM
We have got permission to camp in the gardens of The Crown Inn at Lanlivery. It's around the 20 mile mark which is a big first day , also I'm not sure on tree availability or fires. Mind you I do know there's a gurt big fire in the pub!

These are only ideas so dont worry if you don't agree with them, I think Iv'e got another site which is around 16 miles, just got to do some more investigating. If anyone has any ideas on a prospective site please shout it out.

Glen

Martin
09-03-2011, 12:36 PM
20 miles on the first day leaves a longer lie in on day two. :) I'm all for that.

Martin

GlenM
21-03-2011, 11:45 AM
How does the 2nd & 3rd of April sound ? It's summer time and extra hour of daylight will be usefull. If anyone can't make it then then make yourself heard and we can negotiate another time, just be aware that the Cornwall RV is on the 22nd so we dont want to get too close to it.

Your thoughts please ?

Glen

Martin
21-03-2011, 04:34 PM
I'm sort of committed to Ten Tors training and then the Four Peaks Challenge until early June. I am free on that weekend but would prefer to avoid it purely for the sake of my marriage. However, if everyone else wants to do that weekend, I'll take my chances with Relate. ;)

Martin

JonnyP
21-03-2011, 08:40 PM
Works for me..

GlenM
28-03-2011, 08:58 PM
Ok, so far it's Jonny and I plus martin pending some sort of bribe for SIWMBO, ...........Anyone else comming ?????????????

Guy's I can provide a vehicle to meet us at the overnight spot which can cut out the weight being carried during the first day, it can also meet us at the finish. If you want to haul everything, I'm thinking ten Tor's training here Martin then so be it. I will be taking the easier option as I'm carrying an injury at present.

My plan was to start at Padstow church, it's the traditional route however I'm told the view's better if you start from Fowey. Again not bothered, either way is ok with me.

Pm with any other details I might have missed or any problems that arise.

Cheers Glen

Martin
28-03-2011, 09:06 PM
Mrs Martin says she is happy to get rid of me for another weekend. I'm happy to start at Padstow, the views will still be nice when we look back. The only thing that may put a slight spanner in the works is that the weather forecast for this weekend isn't too great at the moment. Why not plan to do it with the get out that we can postpone for bad weather up to the last minute?

Oh, and I'm more than happy to carry only the bare essentials on my back. Tents etc can be left at the camping spot.

What do you other guys think?

Martin

GlenM
28-03-2011, 09:32 PM
That's fine with me Martin , no real point doing it in bad weather.

Glen