PDA

View Full Version : cornish/devon border forest

swkieran
06-03-2011, 10:58 PM
i had a drive down to one of my favourite haunts in cornwall today (bude),yes i did indulge in fish n chips on the beach aswell :),anyway on the road down there between halwell junction and holsworthy there is a magnifcent axpanse of forest called cookworthy,has anybody seen it,been in it for a night or two,or know of it even :)

GlenM
06-03-2011, 11:31 PM
I spent a weekend there last summer, it's a big forest so you cover a lot of miles. I saw a lot of roe deer along with some major badger sets. The wildlife in general is very abundant which is in my opinion is down to it's size. Great place to visit with picnic tables and areas for families including car parks.

Glen

swkieran
07-03-2011, 11:04 AM
its beutiful glen im goin to explore it a bit more in the summer :) ive driven past it loads of times but never realised its so big, one of our best kept secrets ,talking to a local person about it and he reckons its a great place to see barn owls aswell :),i wonder if ashley or martin have ever been there

Martin
07-03-2011, 05:19 PM
Must have driven though/past it on my way from Holsworthy to Bude. :ashamed: Looks like one to check out this year though.

Thanks Kieran :)

Martin

swkieran
07-03-2011, 05:31 PM
its about a mile apprx from halwell junction martin :),loads of people proberly drive past it not realising,shame it was getting dark aswell :( but its deffintly worth checking out as its local and as glen said massive