PDA

View Full Version : My Baldric

Valantine
13-02-2015, 02:36 PM
After many weeks of research and thought I made this baldric.
The shoulder strap is is made in 3 sections. The middle section is a 5 strand plait for grip the other 2 are 1 inch wide.
Buckles allow for adjustment depending on what I'm wearing.
The intention is to modify it into a multi function item.
http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13003&stc=1
http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=13004&stc=1

It is designed to carry 2 items in a secure fashion using Sam Browne Studs with a 10mm head.
I intend to make a pouch which will hang off the shoulder strap at the bottom across the machete and hatchet using the same studs.(work in progress)
I also want to mount a knife on the front strap which will be easily removable and be belt or neck mounted.
Comments/ideas welcome

OakAshandThorn
13-02-2015, 08:56 PM
T^ Looks great, very handy for keeping your blade warm between layers in cold weather :).

TinkyPete
16-02-2015, 11:03 AM
I have been looking into the whole baldric/wookie belt and a couple of other systems and doing a multi carry option for my knife and water bottle and other kit so far I have 4 basic ideas. I have a multicarry Lucky Lee sheaths which i would like to use as the knife base part the other part is the sticking point at the minute but as I said I have a few ideas.

I do like your idea of using the sam browns and putting a pouch with it. I was looking at a thinking of having a thicker band with then thinner strap which buckles in to hold a normal pouch, a cross between a belt and a molle system so that I could use different type of pouches some custom or some normal ones.

Valantine
16-02-2015, 07:23 PM
I have looked at many and I think the way I have configured the buckle adjustment gives me more mounting options.
But trial and error is the only way to find out from here on.
Watch this space.

Tigger004
16-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Looks to be practical, also great workmanship, nice one valentine