PDA

View Full Version : Born again bushcrafter....

Sproutmuncher
03-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Hello Folks, my name is Matt, I'm a born again bushcrafter, I live on the outskirts of the New Forest, and although I've always had an interest in bushcraft since being in the scouts (4th Eastleigh)many moons ago, its only recently that I've been able to do it on a more regular basis (kids, work, wife permitting).

I found this site while looking for tips on travelling light on the cheap, as this weekend I'm going to take a three day stroll along the test way. Its the first time I've attempted doing anything of this nature (since the scouts) and although a bit nervous, I'm really looking forward to it.

Anyway, this is a great site, and I've found some really useful stuff here, if I survive the weekend, I'll post some pics.....

Best Regards
Matt

Martin
03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Hey Matt, a very warm welcome to the NaturalBushcraft forum. :)

Enjoy your weekend walk on the Test Way, if you take any photos be sure to post them on the forum. Looks like it's going to be a brilliant weekend weather wise, unless you like rain that is. ;)

Martin

Fletching
03-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Hi Matt and welcome. :)

Steve

Freddy
03-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Hi Matt, welcome aboard ;)

bigstan
03-03-2011, 10:53 AM
Welcome Matt, i am a born again as well but not as mobile as i used to be. This is a great forum with plenty of advice available from many different skill levels and experience. Stan.

Ben Casey
03-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Hi from me to Matt :)

Bambii
03-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Welcome to the forum, Matt!

Ashley Cawley
03-03-2011, 08:05 PM
:welcome: to the friendly community here Matt,

You're lucky to be on the edge of New Forest, make the most of it! :)

Think I spotted you in the New Forest the other day actually...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/218966/Forums/NBC/images/15585grizzrifle.jpg

Sproutmuncher
04-03-2011, 07:16 AM
Haha, yep that was me, I look a bit skinnier(apart from around the middle) these days, with less facial hair and more synthetic clothing:innocent:

New Forest is terrific, until recently I've stuck mainly to the established paths with the family etc, but starting to explore a bit further off the beaten track now that the kids are getting a bit older, my 6 yr old boy loves it too.

Thanks for the nice welcome Folks,
Matt

MikeWilkinson
04-03-2011, 08:52 AM
Hi Matt,

Bit Late I know, but welcome to the forum, thanks for your post on my finger incident. My old man lives just across the water on the Isle of wight, We quite often drop into the new forest when I'm down there visiting, beautiful part of the world - I love visitng the arboretum as well and seeing the big 'ole' North american Red woods they have got growing there.

Matt
04-03-2011, 08:55 AM
Hey Matt(Mr Adams;) ), a very warm :welcome: to NaturalBushcraft.

Regards, Matt.

paul standley
04-03-2011, 06:49 PM
Born again eh... a few of us about... Welcome Matt.

Paul.