PDA

View Full Version : Free rabbit hunting site in Cornwall- no shooting

vasilis
05-01-2015, 12:20 PM
Hello everyone,

I am responsible for the operation of a large solar farm near Truro, Cornwall. It seems a lot of rabbits are finding shelter within our fence perimeter. Would anyone be interested in hunting them and keeping all of it? I believe it would really be worth their while. Well, I would like to make a rabbit stew with one of them to be honest...

The problem is that due to the nature of the site, guns of any type are not allowed. So it will have to be traps, dogs or other methods.

Bernie
05-01-2015, 06:47 PM
There are a few on here who hunt with Ferrets and nets. I've no doubt you'll get a few responses, even if they're private message rather than on this thread.

midas
05-01-2015, 09:13 PM
Too far away from me.sorry!!
Could use drop boxs dug in around your perimiter fence.....Need inspecting and empting daily,as will any traps or snares..
Best of luck!

ian c
05-01-2015, 09:54 PM
Its also too far away for me as well, like midas said you could dig in some drop boxes or set some rabbit snares check them daily twice if possible.

TheDaddy187
05-01-2015, 11:10 PM
with snares i would check every few hours... nothing deserves to suffer...

unless you make deadfall or spike traps to kill rather than trap... then its once a day to clear up and re set traps...

remember to always respect your prey...

midas
06-01-2015, 03:37 PM
with snares i would check every few hours... nothing deserves to suffer...

unless you make deadfall or spike traps to kill rather than trap... then its once a day to clear up and re set traps...

remember to always respect your prey...
This is not a suvival situation but an area requiring the removal of the rabbits.Spike traps n Deadfalls donot have anyplace in such a situation.and much more likely to cause the suffering you so much wish to avoid!!!!

tds123
07-02-2015, 11:30 AM
I live nr liskeard, I have 2 jack Russell's that could help! How well fenced in is the property? For my dogs sake, when they get frenzied there is no stopping them! The other thing is I shoot PCP air riffle and can be sure of no damage with responsible shooting, it would be more effective than the dogs!.if this helps let me know, tim

Tony1948
07-02-2015, 10:51 PM
I live nr liskeard, I have 2 jack Russell's that could help! How well fenced in is the property? For my dogs sake, when they get frenzied there is no stopping them! The other thing is I shoot PCP air riffle and can be sure of no damage with responsible shooting, it would be more effective than the dogs!.if this helps let me know, tim
I think I read its a solar panel farm so on shooting.

vasilis
09-02-2015, 09:51 AM
The perimeter is completely fenced. For planning reasons, rabbits can go below the fence, and this is what is creating the problem in the first place. Shooting however cannot be an option.

tds123
09-02-2015, 10:10 AM
OK the problem with the dogs is you will only get one or two at a time because they will bolt as soon as the carnage starts, if you can get permission from that land owner outside the wire for me to shoot the surrounding area, game on, I have basc insurance, and my riffle is near silent so won't bother livestock. Hope this helps
Tim

tds123
09-02-2015, 05:31 PM
I have a secret weapon as well Vasili!!!

vasilis
10-02-2015, 12:40 PM
:) you are going undercover! Infiltrate their ranks... clever move

tds123
10-02-2015, 01:00 PM
Lol! Just one thing, this is not my dog, I would never do such a thing! Its a PIC I er stole from the interweb, but I guess now I've given it back to the interweb, so alls well lol