PDA

View Full Version : Techie help please

Edwin
01-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Since I cleared a virus out of my Laptop on Sunday I have been unable to watch you tube videos despite reloading and reinstalling flash player and javascript. The weird thing is that I can watch those that are available through this forum and some other, but not all, people's sites with you tube's embedded.

Thanks

Fletching
01-03-2011, 06:15 PM
Sounds like a plugin issue to me. Go to Windows Update in your Control panel (I think it's there, I'm using a Mac Pro to write this) and check for updates.

Hope this helps.

Steve

p.s. what's a virus? ;)

great white ape
02-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Sorry Dude,

I run with a Mac and dont have virus issues or spamware. Would suggest that at worse case sinereo you could system restart the machine to a previous back up date. Try looking up in the help section of windows.

Might not work depending on virus, if your still haveing issues look up in yellow pages for PC repair and somebody local should be able to set up your machine good as new.

Might cost some cash but it could help,

Good luck and next time go mac

robin
02-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Sounds like you are missing the Adobe Flashplayer plugin which can be downloaded from Adobe (http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/).

Fletching
02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Edwin,is it only happening in one browser (e.g. Internet Destroyer), or have you tried in a different one (e.g. Firefox)?