PDA

View Full Version : A couple of girls wo have been trained right

FishyFolk
15-11-2014, 02:34 PM
These two girls left school at age 15 to pursue their dream of living off the land.
They learned their skills and I must also think their attitude from their father.
They got their own TV program in Norway, following them through a hunting season. Off season they breed hunting dogs and train them etc.
and have succeeded in making a living off the Northern wilderness of Norway.

Anyway after a TV documnetary on them, they now get their own TV show where they go around the world to try on different types of hunting. If you follow the link you come to a Norwegian
Newspaper article on it. And a video about their Buffalo hunting session in the us. Just click the "Play" button in the main picture.

In it they keep whispering in Norwegian..."This ain't riight....this does not feel ok, I will not shoot"....the rest is in englsih...see for yourself and you will understand their reaction, which I think is 100% correct reaction.

I think their dad thought them the right way...

http://www.dagbladet.no/2014/11/15/kultur/jegertvillingene/tv_og_medier/tv_norge/36230872/?fb_action_ids=607431026046926&fb_action_types=og.recommends

Dreward
15-11-2014, 04:26 PM
An extremely important point about hunting and fishing...Are you taking an animal from it's Wild Natural Habitat or Are you just taking Pot Shots at animals in Man-made surroundings....In Fishing terms it would be Fishing in a Goldfish Bowl...It speaks volumes to me about how much humans have altered the livings conditions of Wildlife around the Globe....the way the girls were dressed compared to the guides is also a thing to note....Thanks for Sharing....

midas
15-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Thanks Rune,Look as though they were in a zoo/reserve.
Almost like shooting cows in a field.Even in South Africa the safari's are getting like that.
Not true hunting n sportsmanship.
Nice girls,bet its n interesting programme to watch ,overall.atb .m

FishyFolk
15-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Here is the original documentary on the two sisters :-)
It's all Norwegian, but contains a lot of nature from the northern and interior part of county Troms. I live in the southern part of Troms.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2cGtj6Oujs

midas
15-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Fantastic!.very interesting video.Lovely scenery,They have a great "playground.!!.
So down to earth,what you see is what you get.No fancy arranged "shots" for the cameras.!!
They both like their "roll ups".(cigs/smokes)
Thanks for posting Rune ..Ive book marked it on "you tube" too.n will look out for more of their escapades.m

FishyFolk
15-11-2014, 08:06 PM
I can tell you that the way they talk is very straight forward as well. In norway we have a saying that goes something like this "To call a spade a spade"....they would never call it an "excavation instrument"

midas
15-11-2014, 08:33 PM
I can tell you that the way they talk is very straight forward as well. In norway we have a saying that goes something like this "To call a spade a spade"....they would never call it an "excavation instrument"

:jumping-joy:hahaha We have the same saying,too......