PDA

View Full Version : DPM Goretex Jacket Army Issue Any Good?

Aij29
23-10-2014, 03:45 PM
Hi Guys

I`m in need of a new jacket for Bushcraft/Hiking my cycling jacket is a bit bright,
I`ve looked at the army issue Gore-Tex jackets online and they look good for the money,
Anyone tried one or have one and have any feedback?

Also where can I buy one in Cornwall?

Cheers
Adrian

FishyFolk
23-10-2014, 05:16 PM
I have one and I like it a lot. But two problems. No cargo pockets, and the hood is to large as it is made to fit someone wearing a kevlar helmet. But there is a simple mod for that :-)

Ehecatl
23-10-2014, 05:29 PM
I've had one for more than 20 years now and I've had my money's worth and will get more still. As with any ex-mod kit, it's in the shop for a reason so if you can give a thorough going over before purchase then so much the better. I think my head may be a bit bigger than Rune's though.

ian c
23-10-2014, 08:07 PM
I have had no problems with my Gortex jacket, you will find that you can get DPM jkt a lot cheaper now as they have been replaced with MTP, have a look on evil bay.

Aij29
24-10-2014, 09:45 AM
Just looked on the bay of e and it looks like I`m to big for one:confused2:

Gutted!!!!

Silverback
24-10-2014, 09:53 AM
In that case look for a new paclite MTP one....hardly worn and in sizes big enough for Crab Air storemen and Drs surgeons and other staff back at Bastion....failing that look for a French or German goretex...same material but available in large sizes too

FishyFolk
24-10-2014, 12:13 PM
I've had one for more than 20 years now and I've had my money's worth and will get more still. As with any ex-mod kit, it's in the shop for a reason so if you can give a thorough going over before purchase then so much the better. I think my head may be a bit bigger than Rune's though.

Mine is the newer model. I think I can fit Darth Vaders helmet inside it :-)

I'll let my good youtube friend, Luke explain the problem and how to fix it :-)

He talks about the jacket from 5:45

http://youtu.be/ye-0r0OoFes?t=5m55s

OakAshandThorn
24-10-2014, 06:08 PM
I have a German army flecktarn parka made out of sympatex (German equivalent of Goretex) - probably one of the best jackets I've ever owned. Blends in perfectly with my woodland surroundings while being a very effective outdoor shell. You can buy them with a removable quilted liner for a few extra £s. I opted out of that and just bought the parka itself as my outer layer.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/German-Army-Issue-Goretex-Flecktarn-parka-unlined-/130672071983?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item1e6ca9952f
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-German-Army-Jacket-Combat-GoreTex-Waterproof-Parka-All-Chest-Sizes-/261501709703?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&var=&hash=item3ce2b76d87

rickyamos
24-10-2014, 06:34 PM
I have one and I like it a lot. But two problems. No cargo pockets, and the hood is to large as it is made to fit someone wearing a kevlar helmet. But there is a simple mod for that :-)

It does not have pockets as it goes under the combat jacket. But I know what you mean

Aij29
28-10-2014, 05:07 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies,

Just thought i`d let you know that i bought a German army parka in A1 used condition
for £31.95 at my local Army Surplus

Adrian

ian c
28-10-2014, 08:25 PM
The older issue Gortex jackets had top pockets, but to find one now is rare, if you have some spare Gortex material and some Gortex repair tape you can always make some pockets and seal the stitching with the repair tape so you do not have any leaks.

OakAshandThorn
28-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the replies,

Just thought i`d let you know that i bought a German army parka in A1 used condition
for £31.95 at my local Army Surplus

Adrian
That's about what I got mine for - sweet deal :D