PDA

View Full Version : [Oct 31st-Nov 2nd] Stead Hall Wood (Between Otley and Ikley)

ADz
06-10-2014, 09:46 PM
Stead Hall Wood

Our site is situated between Otley and Ikley in village of Burley-In-Wharfedale. There is a train station roughly 1.5m walk from site so ideal for people who will be traveling on train as well. Just turn left out of station down Station Road, go under bridge and follow road round onto Moor Ln until you see Colston Dr on right with the Stead Hall Wood sign on left on path (Pictured below).

This is non-profit making, once the farmer gets paid any further funds are used to improve facilities or donated to a charity chosen by the group.
This venue is offered for family wild camping/bushcraft activities only, and is not in any way offered as a course, although impromptu or planned demo's may happen!

Fees

Price is £5 pppn to be paid on arrival.
Please remember to pay on arrival or once you have setup as it's a hassle having to go round reminding people.

Facilities

Communal Area: We now have a designated communal area at bottom of woods with a parachute canopy. You're welcome to sit and use this any time you wish.
Toilets: Currently no semi-perm/perm toilet but we will be putting one in soon so it's a case of finding secluded area and making a deposit ;)
Running water: Running water is available from a tap on site as well as a tap in next field and also a stream running through site for people who would like to use that for boiling/filtering. So no need to bring water unless you prefer to use own.
Shower Blocks: Yeah get real :p

Rules/Guidelines

These are just some basic rules/guidelines which will be updated from time to time. We don't want to be dictating so just use common sense ;)

Parents/Guardians:

You need to be aware of where your children are at all times.
Please keep an eye on your children in the communal area and not let them run around as we don't want any unnecessary accidents.
We encourage the safe use of sharps, please make sure all carving and like is supervised.
Please ensure that your children are in bed or at your camping area from 10.00pm – 8.00am and are not running around during these times.

Noise:

Please keep noise to a minimum between 10.00pm – 08.00am. Enjoy yourself but please have consideration for others.
Please do any processing of firewood outside of these times. ie No loud axing of wood at 5am waking everybody up.

Fires:

Due to limited fuel, Personal fires must be kept small, dont waste what we have!
Please do not chop up the dead trees to use for logs, as these will be used for the communal fire only there is still plenty of smaller dead wood lying around.
Please leave fire scars to a minimum. Before leaving make sure your fire area is cleaned away, ie sweeping/washing away ash etc to leave no trace as much as possible.

Car Parking:

Vehicles are to be initially parked up the narrow grassed area to the left hand side of the static caravan.
Once this is full start filling car park from left to right.
(will add pictures after next meet)

Rubbish:

There are no refuse facilities on site!
You bring it in, you take it away!!
There is never to be a communal rubbish bin!!!

By adding your name to the list you're acknowledging that you have read all of the above.

How to list

If you're adding name to list please copy and paste most recent entry and add name to bottom using same number format. Also please try and add which nights you will be stopping or if unsure at the moment please add (TBC).

Example...

1. John Doe (Fri/Sat)
2. Jane Doe (TBC)

ADz
06-10-2014, 09:47 PM
1. ADz

suggy
12-10-2014, 08:00 PM
1. ADz
2. Suggy

Silverback
12-10-2014, 08:37 PM
Would love to come along and see what iys lijke sounds pretty good

Sadly I have a prior engagement and its my birthday that weekend too

ADz
13-10-2014, 02:24 AM
Should be doing another one in Nov/Dec :)

Jefferson
16-10-2014, 01:23 PM
Im in and shall be bringing a mate a long if thats alright :D
1. ADz
2. Suggy
3. Dave
4. Matt

ADz
16-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Of course bud :)

ADz
22-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Top marks for anybody who comes with a Halloween costume :D

ADz
29-10-2014, 01:57 PM
1. ADz (FRI/SAT)
2. Suggy (SAT)
3. Dave (SAT)
4. Matt (SAT)
5. Black Sheep (SAT)
6. Ash (SAT)

midas
01-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Hope you all have a good weekend!!!

A Happy Birthday to Sapper too,hope you have a good week-end too!

Silverback
01-11-2014, 05:08 PM
A Happy Birthday to Sapper too,hope you have a good week-end too!

Thanks Mike quiet one for me yesterday...spent today chaffeuring my friends bride to be to the wedding hence the important engagement...shooting tomorrow :)

midas
01-11-2014, 05:27 PM
Thanks Mike quiet one for me yesterday...spent today chaffeuring my friends bride to be to the wedding hence the important engagement...shooting tomorrow :)

Enjoy!
Be Missing a few clays tommorrow,myself.lol!!

ADz
02-11-2014, 07:30 PM
Thanks it was a good outing, Managed to get a friend out for a wild camp for first time as well :)

shepherd
10-01-2016, 10:55 AM
any of these particular meets still happen??

ADz
10-01-2016, 11:06 AM
any of these particular meets still happen??

Not at the moment bud. Hoping to start up again Spring/Summer.