View Full Version : LAMPING....Pest Control.

midas
02-09-2014, 03:09 PM
Now the morning are staying darker,I've just invested in a rifle mounted,pressure switched,LED Red beamed200lumins,150/250metres.light.

Though the new colour seems to be GREEN.but have not seen one in use,has anyone on here used,or got experience of using a green beam over pasture.?????

Valantine
03-09-2014, 12:51 PM
Green is a lot brighter believe it or not, it's surprising how well it stands out.

midas
03-09-2014, 01:07 PM
Green is a lot brighter believe it or not, it's surprising how well it stands out.

Thanks for the feed back,Ive had some feed back from my pest control forum.That it can be TOO bright n spooks them?
and another shooter has a red beam mounted on rifle !but uses a hand held green one to sweep the fields to spot them !etc.
alas postmans just been n the parcel delivered wasn't my lamp!was a few free B's from yorkshire water.so I'll fit the new airators to my mixer taps,not sure about the flow restricter on shower.Nice little "egg timer"To time your shower or clean your teeth etc.

midas
05-09-2014, 08:34 PM
Postman delivered lamp on Thursday.and I managed to fit it n charge the battery.Good beam!!!
Was out at 4.30amuntil 7am,today,.but alas not a thing,was still n misty especially in the lower fields causing the beam to bounce back.
I think ive done too good a job.lol.Neverthless.a peaceful morning,warm n not raining.one could hear a pin drop.!
Did set up a tin lid at 30yds or so in the grass ,n had a practice at finding it n putting a hole in it.