PDA

View Full Version : Edinburgh Area

Jimmy- JGW
11-08-2014, 09:46 AM
Hi folks, just a quick one:

Anyone in the Edinburgh area up for regular meet ups, occasional overnighters etc etc

Think most buscrafters/ outdoorsy folk in Edinburgh pass like ships in the night.

If interested fire me a pm or reply, would be great to meet some like minded folk.

oh and also.... If anyone can help, I had a trainee bushcraft/survival instructor from France in the shop where I work, he is looking for people that would be willing to meet up with him when they return to Scotland at some point in the future. Looking for folks that could show him what bushcraft in scotland is all about, as he lives in the south of France and would like to test his equipment and his skills in Bonnie Scotland and meet some new people. If interested please PM me.

Cheers

Jimmy :)

Huggie
09-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Hi Jimmy

I am based in Leith during the week and return to the family home in Dundee for most weekends. I am a 38year old, chubby, outdoor lover - in a pre child life I open canoed, hill walked, wild camped, gorge walked etc but as my daughter is 5 I need to curtail my outdoor endeavours to the occasional Friday night under a tarp with fillet steak, red wine and what ever is on my iPod. I tend to visit the hills around Abernethy (Perth). I am looking to meet like minded outdoor numpties with a view to overnighters and talking all things conspiracy, supernatural and Fortean.

Give me shout if u fancy meeting up for a natter and a beer

Cheers

Iain

soloman
23-09-2014, 05:53 PM
Hi there I'm up for meets and some overnights pm me sometime.I'm in Fife.

Jimmy- JGW
28-09-2014, 01:30 PM
Hey Chaps,

Thanks for the response, just a quick question.....

A friend of mine is trying to organize a meet up for Scotland based bushcrafters, wildcampers etc is this something anyone would be interested in? There is no set date yet, but there are a number of people interested - would be a decent way to make alot of new connections.

Cheers

Jimmy

soloman
28-09-2014, 04:30 PM
I'd be up for that.

Jimmy- JGW
28-09-2014, 04:43 PM
I'd be up for that.

I'll keep you informed, still getting a number and looking at possible venues. :)

RoughRambler
28-09-2014, 11:08 PM
Im in Chirnside in the borders but I'm up in Edinburgh quite a lot so would be up for a meet :)

P.s Great shop you work in by the way! Got my GB SMA from your store at Granton Square.

Jester.
09-04-2015, 07:17 PM
Hey Jimmy.

Hope your west highland way trip went well.

I'm rarely in Edinburgh but might make an exception if we can organise something. I'll still need to visit your shop when I get a chance (I was talking to you on your channel I'm the guy with the Fjallraven Singi Parka)

Bywrongun
27-05-2016, 04:37 PM
Just to revisit this post. I would love to find some like minded folk up for the occasional wild camp/meet up, the nights are getting long enough and the weather better (in a Scottish type way). Give me a shout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

soloman
27-05-2016, 08:15 PM
Hi there,I'm just over the bridge in fife and would like the chance to meet like minded folk for skills share and overnighters.Bushcrafters a tad thin on the ground here.regards Soliman.

Bywrongun
27-05-2016, 09:19 PM
Well there is two of us now!

Jimmy- JGW
07-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Hey folks, sorry for my absence. I am still very keen to get some meet ups etc sorted. Been a bit busy with changing jobs. Just a heads up as well, if anyone is interested, RJ Bushcraft have started hosting bimonthly meets at their store... free to come along to and demos put on by Stonewood. Next one is on Sunday 26th June. A few folks are camping out at beecraigs the night before. Great opportunity to meet up with others from the area. Shop is at pollkemmet country park, West Lothian. Anyone interested in getting a camp sorted give me a pm or post dates here, would be great to meet up with you all! Any preferred locations?

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

David_JAFO
07-06-2016, 08:29 PM
hello,
Pollkemmet country park my stomping ground.. :p Sunday 26th June in the diary. https://www.visitscotland.com/info/see-do/polkemmet-country-park-p252491 https://www.evensi.uk/4th-scottish-bushcraft-meet-rj-bushcraft/178598595
Regards
David
T^

Hey folks, sorry for my absence. I am still very keen to get some meet ups etc sorted. Been a bit busy with changing jobs. Just a heads up as well, if anyone is interested, RJ Bushcraft have started hosting bimonthly meets at their store... free to come along to and demos put on by Stonewood. Next one is on Sunday 26th June. A few folks are camping out at beecraigs the night before. Great opportunity to meet up with others from the area. Shop is at pollkemmet country park, West Lothian. Anyone interested in getting a camp sorted give me a pm or post dates here, would be great to meet up with you all! Any preferred locations?

Jimmy- JGW
07-06-2016, 10:49 PM
Nice one David, hope to see you there

Bywrongun
10-06-2016, 09:07 PM
This sounds awesome, I would be up for the camp the night beforehand as well, be good to meet some new folk.

Jimmy- JGW
11-06-2016, 01:32 PM
Details for meet up at RJ Bushcraft and overnight camp 😊

RJ Bushcraft's 4th Scottish Bushcraft Meet.

Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th June.
Overnight group meet on the Saturday with Sunday giving you a chance to browse the shop, enjoy tea, coffee and cakes (feel free to bring something along) with like minded people and an opportunity to try your hand at some skills with Stonewood Survival School.

Meet at RJ Bushcraft Car Park at 3pm on Saturday 25th for an overnighter in Beecraigs Woods.
Best suited to hammocks and bivvys but the site has enough space to accommodate some tents.

If interested in going up on the Friday then contact Stevie Burns via the Group Page.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1133409160065728/?ti=icl

Jimmy- JGW
12-06-2016, 06:00 AM
This sounds awesome, I would be up for the camp the night beforehand as well, be good to meet some new folk.

Arrangements for camp below 😊

Bywrongun
18-06-2016, 10:14 PM
Hey guys, I am really gutted I am going to have to miss the overnighter on the Saturday due to family commitments but I will be there on Sunday without a shadow of a doubt!