PDA

View Full Version : Beware the Bronzemoon

WakkoJJ
10-07-2014, 11:03 AM
How I wish I'd seen the posts on this forum before ordering from Bronzemoon Outdoors!
I ordered a Condor Rodan nearly 3 weeks ago, despite several e-mails, attempted phone calls and posts on their site I've still to get anything except automated replies.
Does anyone know if this company is going bust? If they're not they bloody well should be!
A good word for EDCGear to prove I'm not just a moaner, they gave an excellent, friendly service.

Thumbcrusher
11-07-2014, 09:30 AM
I wish you'd seen them to mate!

WakkoJJ
11-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Yeah me too mate, but at least I found this site through it, so something positive came from it.

Tony1948
11-07-2014, 03:50 PM
How I wish I'd seen the posts on this forum before ordering from Bronzemoon Outdoors!
I ordered a Condor Rodan nearly 3 weeks ago, despite several e-mails, attempted phone calls and posts on their site I've still to get anything except automated replies.
Does anyone know if this company is going bust? If they're not they bloody well should be!
A good word for EDCGear to prove I'm not just a moaner, they gave an excellent, friendly service.........If you punch up the website now it comes up OFFLINE:(

WakkoJJ
11-07-2014, 03:55 PM
Really glad it wasn't something expensive I ordered

WakkoJJ
21-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Finally got the Bronzemoon saga sorted, got a refund out of them after a lot of pressure and persistence. They blamed me for not taking the delivery from Royal Mail not knowing that I'm always in for the post because I work night shift! Anyway ordered the Schrade SCHF9 from EDCgear who's service I can't praise enough. Thoughts on the Schrade anyone?

Thumbcrusher
21-07-2014, 07:57 PM
Glad you got sorted mate!:happy-clapping:

WakkoJJ
22-07-2014, 03:06 AM
Just hope nobody else falls for the slick website, I've deleted them already

chris fnq
18-08-2014, 03:34 AM

TarHeelBrit
18-08-2014, 06:12 AM
Well to be honest I haven't heard of them before. But when I get over there there's going to be a lot of kit I need to replace. Thanks to everyone I know now to avoid them.

Bernie
18-08-2014, 06:16 PM
Related, but also a generally useful addition to your browser is something call "Web of Trust (www.mywot.com (https://www.mywot.com/))".

In Chrome (and probably other browsers) you can install it as an add-on to the browser. This will let you rate sites for trustworthiness and child-friendliness. If enough people rate the site badly, you'll get a warning (see below) when visiting the untrustworthy websites. This is a great way for us to take power from these sort of companies and try save someone else the misfortune of dealing with them.

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-CUHcj37FVt0/U_JCu_I_UgI/AAAAAAAAW3k/n36uGymy254/w1438-h518-no/WOT.png

EDIT: As you can see, even though there aren't enough ratings publicly to give the site a rating, I've protected myself from accidentally buying from this site by giving them a poor rating.

Ehecatl
18-08-2014, 06:45 PM
From their website......

WOT is a free add-on for your browser

You can download the WOT add-on for Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer, Opera, and Safari browsers. It does not slow down your browsing experience, it is easy to use and free. Just click “Download”, and you are ready to go!

midas
18-08-2014, 08:18 PM
Thank you for that lead.

Mark12
11-12-2014, 05:55 PM
I have also been waiting more than 7 weeks. This company is Australian based. Please help to bring the regulator's eyes to this scammer. Go to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (https://www.accc.gov.au/contact-us/contact-the-accc/consumer-complaint-form) and make a complaint. It only takes 5 minutes and costs nothing. You will also need their name (Anglo Pacific Trading Aust - BRONZEMOON OUTDOORS) and ABN (16541475625). These details is all publicly available information from the Australian Business Register.