PDA

View Full Version : Central Scotland anyone?

Jana
08-07-2014, 07:38 PM
Im based in Stirling and was wondering if there is anyone else nearby? Or if not, is there anyone who would be up for camping trips once in a while? :)

Jana

David_JAFO
08-07-2014, 08:15 PM
hello Jana,
Interesting name BTW. I'll keep you in mind, just now only if time permits as got a whole load of other commitments just now sadly to say & I'd love more opportunity just to get out & about do a spot of overnight or longer. We've had a few great days which I can't complain about, been teaching Survival skills to hill walkers & a few youngsters. I've made the most of that time but sadly few & far between since. BTW what's your Labradors name? (I love dogs). Maybe share some of your experiences knowledge of TGO no matter how small on the forum. I'll look forward to reading more & hopefully there's a few more from the Central belt will pitch in too. Good luck!
Regards
David

T^

Jana
08-07-2014, 08:27 PM
David,
thanks! The name is German, as am I. Have you ever been based there with the Army?

Yes, keep me in mind if there is anything going on! That would be great.

My dogs name is Darwin. Hes still only a pup but hes been great when out camping and hiking. I had to carry him in a baby sling around the hills for his first few months :) Hes too heavy for that now though!

Anyway, yes, I hope I will find some people to keep me company! :) Why did you stop teaching survival skills?

J

David_JAFO
10-07-2014, 09:49 PM
hello,
In reply, Yes I've been to Germany when I joined up 'Cold War' service early 1980's most units did a stint with BAOR Germany. 'Darwin' nice name & only a 'pup' :shocked: I taught Survival skills with the Forces (trained by the best) I taught these skills in Civie street voluntary working with various age groups & organisations, other work & commitments I had to give up a lot of voluntary hours sadly to say. I still teach these skills on a voluntary basis not as often as I would like to & when health permits & a old war wound leg injury, I'll go on longer journeys & over night trips, varied climates has some serious effects on my health condition, I do go a little further 'but' not to put myself or others in any danger. Good luck with TGO & I'm sure there's a few more from the Central belt will pitch in too. Anything comes up you'll be invited no problem :wink:
Regards
David
T^

Midge_Fodder
11-07-2014, 07:29 AM
I will speak to a couple of guys up your way. My cousin lives in Alloa and like my brother and I is a wilderness addict. I'll see if there's anything I can sort out. It's a shame I hadn't read this earlier as 2 weeks ago I was camping up at Bridge of Allan.

Jana
11-07-2014, 07:31 PM
I will speak to a couple of guys up your way. My cousin lives in Alloa and like my brother and I is a wilderness addict. I'll see if there's anything I can sort out. It's a shame I hadn't read this earlier as 2 weeks ago I was camping up at Bridge of Allan.

Briliant! That would be great :)

Where did you go camping in Bridge of Allan? Coxburn reservouir?

Jana
11-07-2014, 07:32 PM
hello,
In reply, Yes I've been to Germany when I joined up 'Cold War' service early 1980's most units did a stint with BAOR Germany. 'Darwin' nice name & only a 'pup' :shocked: I taught Survival skills with the Forces (trained by the best) I taught these skills in Civie street voluntary working with various age groups & organisations, other work & commitments I had to give up a lot of voluntary hours sadly to say. I still teach these skills on a voluntary basis not as often as I would like to & when health permits & a old war wound leg injury, I'll go on longer journeys & over night trips, varied climates has some serious effects on my health condition, I do go a little further 'but' not to put myself or others in any danger. Good luck with TGO & I'm sure there's a few more from the Central belt will pitch in too. Anything comes up you'll be invited no problem :wink:
Regards
David
T^

Nice! I wrote my dissertation about he BAOR. My Dad was one of your civilian workers. Would be nice to chat about at some point!
Keep in touch and thanks David!

J

Midge_Fodder
11-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Briliant! That would be great :)

Where did you go camping in Bridge of Allan? Coxburn reservouir?

Yep there was about 5 of us up there. Place jumping with ticks though. Looked down at my trousers and I could see the wee blighters running around.

Jana
11-07-2014, 07:36 PM
Yep there was about 5 of us up there. Place jumping with ticks though. Looked down at my trousers and I could see the wee blighters running around.

Really? I walk the dog there about twice a week. Never picked up a tick though. So beautiful up there isnt it!! :D

Midge_Fodder
11-07-2014, 07:48 PM
It is beautiful. I think the ticks are hit and miss, some days you get swarmed others you never see them. Luck of the draw I suppose. I was tempted to venture deeper up into Perthshire at some point in the not so distant future.

Jana
11-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Awesome, let me know when. Im usually only off Mondays and Tuesdays though :(

Stevie B
13-07-2014, 03:18 PM
Hi Jana,

I'm in South Lanarkshire. Stirling has some beautiful spots for camping/ hanging. I'm off weekends but if I get a Monday/ Tuesday I'll be in touch mate. :)

Jana
13-07-2014, 08:51 PM
Hi Jana,

I'm in South Lanarkshire. Stirling has some beautiful spots for camping/ hanging. I'm off weekends but if I get a Monday/ Tuesday I'll be in touch mate. :)

Awesome Stevie, that would be great. I am only in this job until 1.Oct., so there will be loads of free weekends coming my way as well. :D

Midge_Fodder
13-07-2014, 08:53 PM
My days off are Wednesday and Thursday. Horrible weekend work.

Jana
13-07-2014, 08:56 PM
My days off are Wednesday and Thursday. Horrible weekend work.

Agree, however, I like that no one else is out and about during the week :D

Midge_Fodder
13-07-2014, 08:56 PM
I hear you there. I can guarantee tranquility when I'm out