PDA

View Full Version : A-Frame Bed

Edwin
16-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Anyone tried this stretcher bed on legs?

http://www.thebushcraftcompany.com/bushcraftblog/?p=276

I quite fancy it for a semi-permanent bed in my wood. Leave frame in place and set up canvas base each time, choice of tarp or not depending on weather, sleep in bivvy bag with mat.

Edwin

Martin
16-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Never tried it myself but looks like a great set up. Let us know when you get it sorted.

Martin

Edwin
16-02-2011, 05:12 PM
Thinking about it the bed could be any of the things we might use to make a stretcher eg paracord or other rope.

Adam Savage
19-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Thinking about it the bed could be any of the things we might use to make a stretcher eg paracord or other rope.

In the forces, you can use two jackets to form the bed of the stretcher, turn the sleeves inside out, so they run down the inside of the jacket, the jackets must be zipped up obviously, then you thread the long poles through the sleeves, in through the bottom-up the sleeve-and out where the sleeve meets the shoulder, and do the same on the other end with the jacket round the other way

MikeWilkinson
22-03-2011, 11:06 AM
Why not make an a-frame ladder bed and do away with the canvas completely, Roll mat as mattress and then your sleeping bag.
Just make the A-frames as normal, and construct a ladder seperately, drop ladder over the a-frames, gravity and the angle of the a-frames holds everything in place. Notch the a-frames and lash if you want it a little more secure.

I'll try and make one tonight if I have time to show you.