PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Goose

MikeWilkinson
13-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Just thought I'd post and tell everyone that I had a very nice goose for dinner!!

Shot by a friend on a pest shoot at a local farm.

For some reason (most likley because it is classed as a pest and vermin) canadian goose has a reputation for being poor eating, and I'd just like to say that although the meat is exceptionally dark in colour - almost chocolate brown, the quality is excellent and young birds roast quite nicely - it pretty much entirely on grass, so you can get away with it being medium to well done. I was very surprised.

So do your local farmer a favour and when he shoots them - eat them!! rather than letting them go to the foxes.

(Did you know that three geese can out compete a growing lamb for food - no wonder they are on a pest licence).

CanadianMike
13-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Taberwit!!! That was one of our secret airforce members! One less for us to use to park and poop on the White House lawn. Ugh!!!

Lol, actually they are hunted here, and if they are good eating, must be why hunters go after them each year.

Ashley Cawley
15-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know Mike, that's one bird I've not tried and have wondered about, I too have heard comments about them being poor-eating, but it's good to hear they're not.