PDA

View Full Version : Tilley Lamps

shack
21-04-2014, 08:57 PM
I am selling this item as a private seller, and this sale is in no way the responsibility of naturalbushcraft.co.uk or any of its moderators. I promise to use this area to sell unwanted kit, not to repeatedly relist similar items in pursuit of profit.

Hi all,

I've got two nice condition Tilley lamps for sale, one has a brass base and the other a brass coloured base, as you can see by the pictures they look really good, I have an unused service A pack (various washers, grommets etc) and a spare mantle, one of the lamps the plungers has lost its tip/plunger which are available on the old Flebay for about a tenner, but having just spent a tenner on the service pack and another fiver on mantles

Why sell? well SWMBO doesn't want them in the house/ conservatory/ shed etc so they are stuck in the garage (we differ on the aesthetic properties of many items) I've not got the tilley nack and paraffin isn't my preferred smell, I've not managed to 'feel' much in the way of a build up of pressure with the pump, got the service pack but all the washers and leather plunger seems in good nick so not opened it)

I'm selling the one without it's tip as a spares repair Tilley with the other being complete, although in theory with a new plunger tip you will have two fully functional lamps,

I have not had them long (a couple of weeks) and got one in a trade but really wanted one of those bushlite candle thingies, I love the look and mechanics of the TL's so went with the trade and picked the other one up locally, but would use a couple of Bushlites more

I'd prefer local pick up as seems a good supply of members down here in the sw and folks are welcome to meet up and check out in the flesh, Postage apart from being expensive is a real pita (plus draining and packing and hoping the glass makes it in one piece as new replacement glasses are about £30 new!, the brass one posted in the trade arrived rather doused in paraffin even though it was supposed to be drained. so don't want to put anyone through that)

For the condition and with the spare bits I'd like £45 ono picked up, to recoup some of my expenses and go towards funding a couple of bushlites!

sorry it's a long blurb, here's the short version

2 Tilley lamps for sale, one complete one needs new plunger, local pick up preferred £45 ono

jus_young
21-04-2014, 10:58 PM
Could you PM me a more precise location Shack? I would be very interested and work all over the place so may be able to pick up.

shack
22-04-2014, 09:26 AM
Pm'ing you now.

shack
24-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Sold pending check out, pick up and payment :happy-clapping:

jus_young
24-04-2014, 06:31 PM
Check out not needed, I will take them as is mate. PM'ed regarding payment.

shack
04-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Hi Jus, your getting any pm's atm?