PDA

View Full Version : www.blackmountainarmysurplus.co.uk

wytchwood bushcraft
10-02-2011, 12:42 AM
Brilliant little shop not much on the website but the shop is stocked to the hilt and hes got really good prices drop in if your ever in the area

1a Station Road, Upper Brynamman
Carmarthenshire, SA18 1SF

Between 9am and 5pm Tues to Fri
9am to 1pm Sat
Tel. 01269 822544 :)

Fletching
10-02-2011, 12:51 AM
A bit limited, but we'll keep an eye in the stock. Can they come up with some group buys for, e.g. wool blankets or such? There's plenty of buyers here!

...always interested...looking for good group buys, which is as profitable for the retailer as it is for us!

Steve

comanighttrain
17-02-2011, 03:22 PM
yep...Blankets are a staple food of all bushcrafters :D

garethw
17-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Ok .. I'm well into certain aspects of Bushcraft or outdoor life, camping etc...I've been a carp angler for 30 years, so have slept out all that time when fishing. But what's it with wool blankets. I used to have an army one for fishing as a kid when I couldn't afford a sleeping bag, and was always freezing. Nowadays with a good bag, either down or manmade, and a gortex cover I'm far warmer and dryer than I have ever been. I usually sleep under a green fishing umbrella when carping, but will try a hammock this year...I'll still use a bag though...
cheers
Gareth

ANDYRAF
18-02-2011, 11:02 AM
Aaah! The wonderful Army blanket, you can wrap yourself up in it and sit close to the fire and if a spark should decide it loves you the blanket doesn't go up in flames, taking you with it.

Andy

Ben Casey
18-02-2011, 01:49 PM
I used to love the good old KF Shirt I think it was called and startching it:) Then the really good wolly leg supports of puttee all made from good ole wool :)

CanadianMike
18-02-2011, 02:21 PM
I love wool blankets and sweaters, and agreed, they are the best to have on you when sitting around a fire. And can be folded up and placed under you for insualtion from the ground.