PDA

View Full Version : A thing for Mora's

luresalive
09-02-2011, 09:33 AM
I've gone off the whole custom thing, it's really not worth it, but I do love my Mora's, here's a few in my collection, all are different by maker, model or steel..too many good models too choose from, although the 510 has always been closest to my heart..

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q134/luresalive/100_1551.jpg

Fletching
09-02-2011, 09:37 AM
I broke the tip off my 510 but it filed and cleaned up really well (took the Ray Mears etching off it, but hey, it seems to cut better now...). You certainly have a collection there mate!

bigstan
09-02-2011, 09:53 AM
Nice collection fella, i like my Mora knives as well but i only have two, a stainless and a carbon. Nice pic tho. Stan.

Martin
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Blimey! There must be £100 worth of knives there. ;)

Seriously, nice collection mate.

Martin

luresalive
09-02-2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks guys, some of the knives are 30 years old, I've had them since I was a nipper and can't help myself if I see a new model come out, although I'm not that keen on the new Bushcraft series funnily enough.

JEEP
09-02-2011, 12:19 PM
Awesome collection!

My only Moras are my dad's from 1957; http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?32-My-dad-s-Swedish-Mora-knife-from-1957 and a huge beaten up classic Mora from the 80s.

I do have a Bushcraft Triflex on the way though.

Aaron Rushton
09-02-2011, 03:08 PM
wow thats a big collection! what is the one 2nd row from the bottom, far right?

Notredame11211
10-02-2011, 03:00 AM
Amazing collection! I love Moras too!:happy-clapping:

jus_young
15-02-2011, 10:39 PM
Tried setting up new thread but it keeps redirecting me to sign in again and again and again so hopefully someone will pick up this one...

I also like the Mora as a good cheap knife and can't really find a good reason to buy anything else other than the more expensive knives do look good. Had mine for a good while now but what I would like to do though is get hold of a good leather sheath. Any recommendations as to where I could get hold of one? I know ebay shows a few but would like to go on some ones experience rather than buying blind. A good twin sheath might be nice as I like to keep one knife for harder tasks and a good sharp knife for finer work.

Yes I know it will be more expensive than the knife, and yes I could try making one myself but my leather craft skills are still in their infancy (its taken me four months to try and make a cover for my axe).

Having read about everyones recent buys I am also feeling the need to buy something and this might help to break the wife in gently as the rest of the wish list will take some justifying!

Mouldsy
16-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Tried setting up new thread but it keeps redirecting me to sign in again and again and again so hopefully someone will pick up this one...

I also like the Mora as a good cheap knife and can't really find a good reason to buy anything else other than the more expensive knives do look good. Had mine for a good while now but what I would like to do though is get hold of a good leather sheath. Any recommendations as to where I could get hold of one? I know ebay shows a few but would like to go on some ones experience rather than buying blind. A good twin sheath might be nice as I like to keep one knife for harder tasks and a good sharp knife for finer work.

Yes I know it will be more expensive than the knife, and yes I could try making one myself but my leather craft skills are still in their infancy (its taken me four months to try and make a cover for my axe).

Having read about everyones recent buys I am also feeling the need to buy something and this might help to break the wife in gently as the rest of the wish list will take some justifying!

Why not try this mate, it's made for mora sheaths.

http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/frostsmora.htm

jus_young
16-02-2011, 09:14 PM
Cheers mouldsy. mora heaven:D