PDA

View Full Version : Loch Katrine

comanighttrain
07-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Anyone up for a day or two out by the Loch?

Possibly into spring so theres more to look at/less blowing our tents away!

Bushmaster95
29-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I might be interested, do you know any near by train stations? i live in Livingston near Edinburgh and dont drive yet soo you can prolly imagine how hard it is to go any ware that isn't the Pentlands haha. i just noticed that this was posted dec 2010 so let me know if your still up for it some time!

thanks
Iain.

comanighttrain
29-03-2011, 09:52 AM
I'm always up for getting out somewhere :D

getting there is tricky... I don't drive either, I was going to slog through the hills at Ardlui and walk down from the North West - this is a fair old slog though!

Bushmaster95
29-03-2011, 10:03 AM
Oh right! haha yeah i suppose i could do that aswell but might take a few days :D haha oorr i could get the train to glasgow and follow the west highland way for a while then cut off, does Inverarden have a train station ? lol i suppose i could find the nearest train station then tab it from there. ware do you live? near Arduli?

comanighttrain
29-03-2011, 10:34 AM
it takes about 30 mins to walk from ardlui to inverardnan, mind you I only avoid the bus because it is usually full and riding it geard up is uncomfortable...

Nearest train is Ardlui station, however you could get the bus which would drop you in Inverardnan.

I'm in Glasgow so we could meet in Glasgow then get the bus/train then slog it? I had even planned to go to Inverardnan after work and just make a quick camp and set off for the loch at first light

Bushmaster95
29-03-2011, 10:37 AM
yeah that sounds like a plan! :) im fine with that! :D

comanighttrain
29-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Excellent, Are you generally free weekends? I try to avoid setting dates too far ahead of time...you know what the weather is like!

Bushmaster95
29-03-2011, 10:54 AM
yeah Im free most week end :) yeah it will be good but il need some notice to get things together :)