PDA

View Full Version : Places to shoot?

m.i.k.e
25-02-2014, 09:25 AM
Im looking for safe and legal places to shoot around the Bristol/w-s-m/clevedon/portishead area.

Ive been to 'mendip shooting ground' (nice place), but its about a 50min drive for me, as is 'tree tops' which is just over the bridge in Wales.

Any info would be appriciated, target or hunting. ive got a .177 TH208.

Ehecatl
25-02-2014, 10:02 AM
Morning Mike and welcome.

It is customary to pop over to here --> http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?37-Introduce-Yourself-amp-Welcome-to-the-Community! and introduce yourself.

Just in case you are not aware, the forum posts can be read by non members so your email address will be visible to the two billion and seventeen internet users who are online today. You may attract less spam by reading the member's responses to this post. ;)
Cheers,

M@

Midge_Fodder
25-02-2014, 09:28 PM
Just ask local farmers if you can shoot a few rabbits, usually they tend to be ok with it.

TheDogsSlave
26-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Just ask local farmers if you can shoot a few rabbits, usually they tend to be ok with it.

Hmm, in my experience farmers say no 99 times out of 100 (check the airgun forums for confirmation of this!) as they don't want people on their land, plus they generally handle their own pest control (or their sons/daughters do).

Your best bet is stables/equestrian centres - their owners hate rabbits due to the holes they dig and in my experience are grateful someone wants to help control them for free.

Midge_Fodder
26-02-2014, 09:27 AM
I suppose it helps if you know them....... Or worked for them

TheDogsSlave
26-02-2014, 09:34 AM
I suppose it helps if you know them....... Or worked for them

Indeed, its not what you know...

midas
26-02-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi mike,You could join one of the pest control groups on "facebook."I would recommend facebook.com/group/193413447485052 Free Vermin Control,ie Rabbits pigeon,Squirrel,Magpie,etc You enter your area,n services offered.n farmers/land owners can contact you via site or your mobile (if you desire to post it?)Members are encouraged to Share site ie on to farmers /land agents,so spreading the word.
Word of warning unless you have pest/hunting/shooting type "stuff on your facebook page,"the will not accept you!
Best of luck.Mike ,ex pro pest controller/hunter/target shooter.