PDA

View Full Version : Wildcamping York

Yorkshire wanderer
05-02-2014, 10:07 AM
Hello folks,
Just wondering if anyone knows any secret little spots around the York area? (30 mins drive ish)

Got moved off last week in the most unfriendly manner, apparently i wasn't welcome and as I was only own wasn't in the mood to argue:/ luckily the hammock only takes a few mins to pack up so was away before they rubbed their combined brain cells together and came up with any ideas :)

Need somewhere safe to leave the car and not too much of a walk, and somewhere where no one will ever find me:)

Not hugely interested in having a fire as I run the alcohol stove for water boiling anyway.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you don't want to share with the world:)

Thanks in advance.

Yorkshire wanderer

* apologies if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it and I will consider myself suitably berated;)

Tigger004
06-02-2014, 05:26 PM
Sorry can't help with a location but I have the same sort of issues.
With regard to the car, I have started cycling locally ( I can carry quite a bit of kit ) also my last one was by train, booked in advance they are quite cheap, (went off to the peaks)

How did you get found?

Yorkshire wanderer
06-02-2014, 05:49 PM
Should have known better really, was a place near where I used to work been going for a humble in there for about 10 years never had any bother bit this time I went there were signs that they had Ben cutting down the pine In there recently. I was wll out of the way ( or so I thought!) and two big burly types snuck up on me, I had the tarp low to the ground behind me and they were out of my LOS. I didn't even hear them coming the sneaky buggers:) shame really as it's a nice little spot seen deer in there a lot in the past but I guess it's out of the list now:(

Tigger004
06-02-2014, 06:04 PM
I usually leave the setting up until dusk or early dark, that way not many people are in the woods, although I did a write up on here about being discovered by a late night dog walker (dogs always find you even when the owner is oblivious)

Take a look:-
http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?5910-Discovered-in-the-Copse-and-had-a-laugh&highlight=discovered