23-12-2013, 08:43 PM
great free movie about wilderness survival :
http://viooz.co/movies/3706-the-edge-1997.html

ratcatcher
23-12-2013, 11:59 PM
just watched, twas nothing else on telly, seen before, but still good

Tony1948
24-12-2013, 12:50 PM
Just watch it again,sore it first 2or3 years ago,it throw's out some question that we should ask ourself's wot are we doing?are you a survival'ist,bushcrafter or hiker.Bear in mind no one in this county will ever be in this film situation unless you go to a county with the expanse and expsure that was shown in the film.Buy watching this film a lot of us could cut down on our carry kit.I for one do not need a compass in the woods,if you are a survival'ist also you not need a compass you now where you are going to be,in your bug out shelter,you have all you'r food and kit already there.If you are a hiker like some on this forum and walk miles across more's,hills and fields you will.When I go into the woods I take snare's for rabbit,squirrel and dear.You wont need them if you are a hiker or survival'ist a hiker carrys his food with him and the other has it in his bugout den already.I think a first aid kit is needed by all,I go into the woods with an aray of blades,for chopping,carving and food prep,I would say all a hiker needs is a leathman tool?a survival'ist has got to have the biggest knife he can aford:happy-clapping:verry few of us will ever get to fly in a float plane in the USofA or Canada,if we did then a 38or44 mag would be a very good addition to you'r kit.I think wot I'm trying to say is that we in this county are never going to be in that situation,most of us have never been in temps below 2or3 and never will in this country,if we have an inch of snow the place comes to a standstill,we think the end of the worldscoming with this bit of weather we're having.Right rant over I hope you and you'rs all have a good Christmas and a better new year and get all you wish for.Have a god one Guys ATB.............Tony.

FishyFolk
24-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Just watch it again,sore it first 2or3 years ago,it throw's out some question that we should ask ourself's wot are we doing?are you a survival'ist,bushcrafter or hiker.Bear in mind no one in this county will ever be in this film situation unless you go to a county with the expanse and expsure that was shown in the film.Buy watching this film a lot of us could cut down on our carry kit.I for one do not need a compass in the woods,if you are a survival'ist also you not need a compass you now where you are going to be,in your bug out shelter,you have all you'r food and kit already there.If you are a hiker like some on this forum and walk miles across more's,hills and fields you will.When I go into the woods I take snare's for rabbit,squirrel and dear.You wont need them if you are a hiker or survival'ist a hiker carrys his food with him and the other has it in his bugout den already.I think a first aid kit is needed by all,I go into the woods with an aray of blades,for chopping,carving and food prep,I would say all a hiker needs is a leathman tool?a survival'ist has got to have the biggest knife he can aford:happy-clapping:verry few of us will ever get to fly in a float plane in the USofA or Canada,if we did then a 38or44 mag would be a very good addition to you'r kit.I think wot I'm trying to say is that we in this county are never going to be in that situation,most of us have never been in temps below 2or3 and never will in this country,if we have an inch of snow the place comes to a standstill,we think the end of the worldscoming with this bit of weather we're having.Right rant over I hope you and you'rs all have a good Christmas and a better new year and get all you wish for.Have a god one Guys ATB.............Tony.

Most of what you say goes for Norway as well. 99% of the people you meet in the hills are hikers. I am a camper that sometimes like to use bushcrafty ways of getting my fire going...preferably while filming it so that I can bore people to a comatose state while watching light it...

The only difference between here and Brittain really is the mode of transport in winter (skis), and that we we need windproof more than water proof...+ some additional warm and insulating clothing when we reach camp...if "camp" is not a nice little cabin :)

Me I just go home....

fish
25-12-2013, 11:35 AM
.Bear in mind

nice pun!

Richie
27-12-2013, 09:05 PM
Worth noting that signing up for a free trial, the registration page makes clear that NO PAYMENT will be taken from the "card verification" procedure yet the T&C's make clear you will be charged unless you cancel within 5 days.
Worth mentioning.

fish
27-12-2013, 09:27 PM
well i got to watch it without using any cards!