PDA

View Full Version : trakker as365 sleeping bag

robmac
13-12-2013, 11:51 PM
The trakker as365 sleeping bag was designed by and for Carp Fishermen and looks like a good bit of kit. What appeals to me apart from the apparent warmth is the size of it. I currently have a Mountain equipment Lamina 35 and a Rab Ascent 900 Down bag. Both of these are mummy style bags and although very warm are quite claustrophobic for a large lad like myself. In fact I have given the Lamina to my son, and the Rab has been stuck in the airing cupboard since I used it for the first time and I have tended to take quilts and blankets since, although these would be no good for hiking up a mountain!

Has any body used the Trakker system? I realise it would be a bit of a lump to carry, but I don't mind carrying heavy loads, I just stop and rest a lot, I'm in no hurry!

garethw
14-12-2013, 08:11 AM
The trakker as365 sleeping bag was designed by and for Carp Fishermen and looks like a good bit of kit. What appeals to me apart from the apparent warmth is the size of it. I currently have a Mountain equipment Lamina 35 and a Rab Ascent 900 Down bag. Both of these are mummy style bags and although very warm are quite claustrophobic for a large lad like myself. In fact I have given the Lamina to my son, and the Rab has been stuck in the airing cupboard since I used it for the first time and I have tended to take quilts and blankets since, although these would be no good for hiking up a mountain!

Has any body used the Trakker system? I realise it would be a bit of a lump to carry, but I don't mind carrying heavy loads, I just stop and rest a lot, I'm in no hurry!
Hi
I've not used this Trakker bag, but I've had a different model in the past and it was ok... Looking at the spec of this bag, it quite an old design and ver very bulky... Will no doubt be very warm, as bulk is rarely a major issue for carping.
Since the Trakker I've been using a bag by Wychwood... its the best bag I've ever used for carping, warm practical and doesn't have the fleece lining that just sticks to you and ends up ripping.. this is what killied my Trakker bag.
They don't make the version I have any more but there is a new bag from the same company that for £150 looks to be a beaut... http://youtu.be/kO06eAXM9HE

A mate of my sent me a link as he'd seen it at a trade show. you can get them for £119 from Tackle Fanatics.
think this will be my next bag..
cheers
Gareth

robmac
14-12-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanks gareth, now that I like! I have got quite a bit of Wychwood luggage and have been very impressed with the quality. That could now also be my next bag! (wife is rolling her eyes!).

I will see if I can see one in the flesh locally.

Thanks again

Rob