PDA

View Full Version : soft leather pouch pattens wanted

wilf
08-12-2013, 03:45 PM
hi all i just cut the leather of a sofa and am looking for some pattens and advise on making pouches if any one can help it will be mush appreciated :) .

thanks in advance Wilf.

MadZ
30-12-2013, 03:49 PM
you found anything to suit your needs yet?? if not i have a few i drew up for random stuff pouches, tinder tin pouches etc, drop me a pm and ill post them to you via email or something

cheers

Madz

beermaker
30-12-2013, 05:34 PM
I've skinned a couple of sofas too for the same reason. What are you using to stitch? I was planning to get a large needle and use netting twine

Tony1948
30-12-2013, 08:39 PM
Made from sofa leather supplied by M@ of the S_E breckfast clubthey were made shinny side out stitch then turned inside out,the carved bone is a peace of lamb bone from the sunday roast. 109751097610977

MadZ
31-12-2013, 12:32 AM
I was using a wool needle and waxed linen thread as i found the needle had a large eye but was not stupidly fat, i have some leather needles now and they have a more triangle shape to them, would suggest punching holes first, i used a screw, saves your fingers.

real nice tony as all ways

Rasputin
31-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Nice work Tony, love the scrimshaw toggle. T^

wilf
31-12-2013, 01:18 PM
you found anything to suit your needs yet?? if not i have a few i drew up for random stuff pouches, tinder tin pouches etc, drop me a pm and ill post them to you via email or something

cheers

Madz

thanks madZ i will drop u a pm in a bit :)

wilf
31-12-2013, 01:31 PM
I was going to use some of my granddads leather harness thread Beermaker or i was thinking of using some artificial sinew but dont no where to get it from.

very nice pouches Tony.

MadZ
31-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Ebay wilf for the artificial sinew, occasionally you get the real deal on there as well never used it before though so cant tell you what its like, waxed thread made all the difference, seemed to pull through better and pull up tighter if that makes sense.

got your pm mate, i'll drop them over to you asap, they will be photos of what i have drawn up, feel free to use them as is or as a rough guide/ideas for your needs, be sure to pop some pics up of what you make though, all ways interesting to see.

cheers

Madz

wilf
01-01-2014, 04:51 PM
thanks madz i will have a look for both right now :D

MadZ
02-01-2014, 12:36 PM
having a few issues with the patterns Wilf, they aint very photo friendly, i will however get to you some patterns but its going to take a little longer as i will have to scale them down and draw them in such away i can photo them or use a program to make them on the pc.

i WILL make them up for you.

cheers mads

wilf
02-01-2014, 02:37 PM
if its to much hassle buddy dont worry about it

all the best wilf